TC Electronic has today announced the Flashback 2 X4 delay pedal, an expanded version of the best-known Flashback 2 also beloved by Synthesizer players. It offers 4 Flashback 2 with an expanded interface in one pedal. 10 versatile types are included ranging from classic delays (analog, tape, 2290, ping pong…) to more experimental ones (reverse, lo-fi, crystal).
The latter is a brand new delay type that is described as super lush and is developed around TC’s proprietary polyphonic octave algorithm that allows shimmer like effects. Another new is the dual delay algorithm wi two individual engines for intertwining 2 echo lines at the same time for Gilmour (Pink Floyd) style soundscapes.
If these are not enough, you can become a delay designer with the help of the TonePrint technology and the free editor app. The pedal features up to 6 TonePrint slots for own sounds. An excellent feature that makes this pedal super versatile and customizable.
MASH, The New Thing
In addition to some new algorithms and more memory for your own sounds, MASH was also incorporated. You can now control the delay effect parameters using TC’s pressure-sensitive footswitch technology. This new feature brings a lot of new possibilities to control parameters.
Also on board is a 4-second looper with footswitches for the record, play/pause, play once and undo/redo for total creative freedom. A very welcome feature especially with these control options.
On the backside, the Flashback 2 X4 features stereo ins/outs, great for Synthesizer players, an external expression pedal input and MIDI I/O. It also includes a toggle between buffer or being true-bypass mode, a Kill Dry On/Off switch and a mini USB port.
- Legendary delay pedal with 3 pressure-sensitive footswitches, new algorithms and 6 presets
- 3 footswitches with MASH let you toggle between delay sounds instantly
- New pristine Crystal algorithm along with hyper-realistic Analog and Tape algorithms
- Preset bank switch lets you easily access up to 6 stored delay presets
- 10 quality delay types plus 6 TonePrint slots that let you store effects and artist TonePrints
- Dedicated tap tempo switch keeps your delay effects right on the beat
- MASH footswitches give you powerful effect-specific real-time parameter control
- Subdivision knob with 11 tempo settings for a wealth of rhythmic delay possibilities
- Craft delays and customize MASH functionality with free TonePrint App (PC, Mac*, iPhone*, Android* and iPad*)
- Analog-Dry-Through maintains integrity of analog dry signal path when delay is on
- Expression pedal and MIDI inputs control parameters and preset changes remotely and lock delays to external MIDI tempo
- 40-second looper with footswitches for Record, Play/Pause, Play Once and Undo/Redo for total creative freedom
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Denmark
TC Electronic Flashback 2 X4 will be available soon for a price of $249.99 USD.
More information here: TC Electronic