Rob Papen has today expanded its eXplorer 5 bundle with the new B.I.T, a new analog modeling Synthesizer plugin for PC & Mac. Unlike usual, the developer does not focus on hybrid synthesis in this plugin but on pure analog modeling, so no internal samples etc. It offers a modular engine without patch cables: 2 oscillators with advanced shaping options (PM, FM, RM), 2 filters, 3 envelopes, LFO and more.
To refine the sounds, it comes also with a good amount of internal effects. For the instant play, B.I.T is delivered with over 900 professional presets.
Instead of combining the best of analog modeling with hybrid synthesis, which we can see with the other Rob Papen synthesizers, B.I.T. focuses on Analogue Modelled Synthesis. Why this move you might think? The idea behind it is that the classic analog type of synthesis has its own charm and simply has not yet been covered by the Rob Papen brand. So, no spectrum waveforms, or samples inside B.I.T. nope, it is pure ‘Analogue Modelled’ synthesis.
Although B.I.T. has no patch cables, it is modular by all means! The Modulation Matrix is used for the patching, however, also included in the smart ‘advanced’ panel below the Oscillators. With these advanced features (accessed by switching the ADV switch), you can quickly make several connections such as LFO and Envelope to the Oscillator parameters inside of B.I.T. Also included is the option to modulate Oscillator 2 by Oscillator 1 in several ways which expands the sound pallet with Phase Modulation, Frequency Modulation, and Ring Modulation.
A Rob Papen synthesizer would, of course, be incomplete without the arpeggiator (which can also work in sequencer mode), so a fully featured Arp is available and has an additional free row that you can use to modulate other parts of B.I.T. by using the Modulation Matrix. Adding the finishing touch on B.I.T. is, of course, the FX section. Some superb sounding FX are added.
Our top-notch Reverb is also included inside B.I.T. which means you won’t have to go outboard for adding reverb. As previously mentioned B.I.T. stands for ‘Back In Time’ however it can also mean ‘Be Inspired Today’ whilst using our Analogue Modelled Synthesizer.
- 16voice virtual analog synthesizer
- Over 950 top quality presets
- 2 Oscillators with a dedicated advance panel offering an LFO and Envelope for modulating different parts of the Oscillator
- Classic waveforms in each oscillator included ‘Tuned Noise’
- 2nd Oscillator has Sub-Oscillator with Sinus, Square and Saw waveform
- Oscillator-2 can be modulated by Oscillator-1 in FM, PM or RING mode.
- Oscillator-2 can Sync to Oscillator-1
- Oscillators have ‘wave feedback’ feature
- Dedicated Noise Oscillator with White and Pink Noise
- 2 analog modeled Filters with 11 different character Filter types and modes
- Filter Routing options: serial, split-osc, split-noise
- Dedicated Filter Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Fade and Release.
- Filter Envelopes with Tempo Bases Sync option and inverted mode
- AMP with velocity control and Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release
- ARP with 16 steps and many different modes and detailed features and options
- PLAY MODE with Poly, Mono and Legato mode included many different Unison modes
- Chorus FX
- Flanger or Phaser FX
- Delay and HQ Reverb (serial)
- Bank manager
- 100%, 150% and 200% size options
More information here: Rob Papen