The synth community begged Uli Behringer to make an ARP 2600 analog clone and yes he does. Behringer today announced the development of the 2600 and published first pictures of the case.
What is striking, the Behringer 2600 will not have the familiar large format of the original but will be smaller. This already showed the published circuit board.
Thus, the leak from the year 2017 (December) where so many Synthesizer clones were listed is true. Again, the ARP 2600 was also on it. Interesting to see is that Behringer removed the speaker from the bottom left that offers more space for the layout. Also new is that VCO1 receive pulse width modulation (PWM) and VCO 3 a triangle and sine wave output.
Features of the Behringer 2600 (Leak)
- Legendary analog synthesizer with triple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “Arp* 2600” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Semi-modular architecture requires no patching for immediate performance
- 3 VCOs, each with LFO mode, FM inputs, and multiple wave-shape outputs for an awe-inspiring palette of tonal possibilities
- Multi-mode VCF with dedicated low-pass output with additional switched high/notch output
- Incredible range of modules including ring modulator, lag processor, sample & hold, Schmitt trigger and envelope follower
- ADSR and AR Envelope generators with switchable time factor
- Realistic digital spring reverb for inspiring sound effects
- Noise Generator with continuously variable colour
- 2 dedicated LFOs with pulse and sine wave outputs
- Switched Post Filter Distortion (PFD) / Inverter option on voltage processor
- Differential (+/-) input VCA with both linear and exponential control inputs
- Additional functions include attenuator, mixer, inverter, slew rate limiter and 4-way multiple for creative patching flexibility
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- 58 Faders and 15 buttons give you hands-on direct and real time access to all parameters
- 83 Patch cable input / outputs for the ultimate in configuration flexibility
- Powerful headphone output with dedicated level control
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The metal case has just arrived. Isn’t she a beauty? What do you think? Please remember this is early stage and we’re far from shipping a final product. But we want to share with you what we’re working on. And one day we’ll deliver a 2600 to you. Promise:-) Uli
On the back you can see: there is a complete MIDI I/O as well as a USB connection. Also, there will be dimmable LED like the ARP Odyssey clone.
More information about the Behringer 2600 will follow shortly.
More information here: Behringer