Kilohearts has today released Phase Plant, a new multi-engine Synthesizer plugin initially announced at NAMM 2019. Phase Plant offers a super flexible engine with a generator, modulation and FX section. On the generator page, the user can choose between a virtual analog or wavetable oscillator, sampler or noise generator and can layer them together. PM, FM, and RM can be also applied between the generator. With the internal wavetable editor, you can create also your own wavetables.
In addition to various modulators (envelopes, LFO’s…) Phase Plant offers on the right side a modular FX section based on the well-known Snapin technology. Snapins are single effect plugins that can installed in the Multipass multi-fx plugin but also now in new Synthesizer. Especially interesting is this section for existing customers because they can use their snapins in the plugin. In total, a cool new synth plugin with a quite different interface and concept. Check out below an interview with the developers and their ideas for developing plugins.
Phase Plant is a sound designer’s dream come true. Whether you have just installed your first DAW, or you’re looking for inspiration to follow up that award-winning single you produced last year, or you’ve been tasked with creating the sound of a hot broadsword slashing through the ice for an online game, we have what you need. While many companies limit your options in fear of users creating bad sounds or causing performance issues, Kilohearts always believed our users to be the best judges of what works.
And in Phase Plant, that shows. With hundreds of factory presets by renowned sound designers such as Rob Swire (Pendulum, Knife Party) and Francis Prevé you’ll quickly grow to love the diversity of Phase Plant. And once you get started with creating your own sounds you will understand why Phase Plant is already a favorite tool in the arsenal of artists such as Zomboy, Noisia, and Netsky even before it has been released.
We want you to understand how things work, and what better way to learn than by assembling your own creations from scratch? Phase Plant loads with an empty patch so you are free to add any components you desire, as you need them.
- Analog oscillator
- Wavetable oscillator
- Advanced noise generation
- Phase Modulation, Linear and Exponential Frequency Modulation, and Ring Modulation between generators
- Use any number of generators in any order
- Any number of LFOs, Envelopes and other modulations
- Compatible with all Kilohearts snapin effects
- +/- 300 expertly crafted factory presets
- Advanced onboard Wavetable editor
- Quick and creative to work with
- Grouping, minimizing, and much more…
Interview With The Kilohearts Developers
Kilohearts Phase Plant (VST/AU/AAX) is available now in three different versions:
- Phase Plant + Kilohearts Toolbox FREE (6 snapins): $169 USD
- Phase Plant + Kilohearts Toolbox STARTER (11 snapins): $199 USD
- Phase Plant + Kilohearts Toolbox PROFESSIONAL (all snapins): $349 USD
- Kilohearts Toolbox ULTIMATE: $499 USD (all plugins)
More information here: Kilohearts