Bastl Instruments Softpop is not a classic semi-modular analog Synthesizer. It works, reacts and sounds different from classic Synthesizers. Softpop takes you on an unpredictable journey full of experimentations, strange sounds and timbres.
I had the opportunity to borrow Softpop for a short time to make a sound demo. The results are interesting and not very familiar. Softpop can be considered as an organic Synth that creates a wide range of sounds from waterdrops, bizarre modulated to industrial inspired sounds. For experimental/noise musicians an excellent synth.
SoftPop is a playfully organic, semi-modular light and sound synthesizer with a wide variety of sounds: from random dripping water pops to heavy subtractive basslines. Its fully analog core consisting of a heavily feedbacked system of dual triangle-core oscillators, state variable filter and sample and hold is played through an intuitive interface of 6 faders that provide countless combinations which can be explored by anyone.
It can also process external audio thru the filter while using the envelope follower to intuitively synchronize to the incoming signal
- fully analog core and signal path
- 6 faders for controlling two VCOs and VCF and their cross modulations
- two wide range triangle-core VCOs 0 & 1
- quantizer for VCO 0 (auto-tuner)
- VCO 1 has variable waveshape via the modulation setting
- ∞ resonant state variable VCF (bandpass, lowpass, highpass)
- external input with gain and envelope follower for intuitive sync of VCO 1
- track & hold circuit for stepped modulations
- looping pattern generator with two patterns P1 and P2
- RGB led for psychedelic experience
- 25-point patchbay
- secret hack chamber at the back for adventurers
- aluminum body enclosure
- built-in speaker
- additional wooden handle backplate
Bastl Instruments Softpop Synthesizer Sound Demo
More information here: Bastl Instruments
Available here: Bastl Instruments Softpop