If you know a bit more about plugins, you will certainly be familiar with the products of CreamWare, the plugins that run exclusively on a DSP platform. One of the problems of these virtual instruments is the high-purchase price of the hardware. That will change now with the Dino Park, a high-end modelling Synthesizer DIY MakeKit based on the MPA platform announced at MESSE 2019.
Dino Park acts as a hardware plugin host for each of the very high-resolution CreamWave plugins, and it can install up to 32 plugins in memory. Each unit comes with the best-known Minimax, Pro12, and Prodysey pre-installed.
Each Dino Park can be expanded with Dino Dial Encoders: eight touch-sensitive endless encoders that also provide push function. Perfect for setting eight important parameters, saving eight plug-in/preset combinations and quickly recalling sounds during a performance. It will be available in three different affordable versions starting at 199€.
How it works
Like all MPA MakeKit offerings, you choose the pre-constructed components (electronics and mechanical) Tile modules that are shipped to you along with all the housing and connectors you need to make MPA blocks. The Dino Park MakeKit is available in three versions:
- The Dino Board – ideal for hard-core makers that want to integrate in their own housing or cigar box for that matter providing for an inexpensive and fun project.
- Dino Park MakeKit – includes the Dino board, LCD Display, slim housing, and power supply.
- The Dino Park EX MakeKit – includes, Dino board, LCD Display, expanded housing (height & length), power supply, and another connection assembly providing two TRS analog In/out, SPDIF I/O and MIDI in/out
Each Dino Park can be expanded with Dino Dial Encoders: eight touch-sensitive endless encoders that also provide push function. Perfect for setting eight important parameters, saving eight plug-in/preset combinations and quickly recalling sounds during a performance.
Dino Park is part of a larger audio ecosystem: the MPA platform. The MPA platform presents a new paradigm for making, connecting and controlling audio gear that puts you in the center of the design and how audio gear functions. New exciting workflows and control with the network at your fingertips presenting never seen before collaborative and performance possibilities.
Price & Availability
The first individual Maker boards and all-in box-MakeKits are to ship June 2019. Early bird pricing is being offered through April 30, 2019, exclusively at the MakeProAudio online store.
- Basic Dino Board at 199€
- Dino Park MakeKit at 299€
- Dino Park MakeKit EX at 369€
- Dino Dial Encoders are available for an additional 69 EUR.
Additional modelling synths for Dino Park (e.g. FM Synth, Hammond Organ, Drum&Bass Machine, Wavetable Synth) will be available summer 2019.
More information here: MakeProAudio