Kurzweil will present an interesting new keyboard shortly. Yes, do not be confused, I don’t talk about a pure Synthesizer here but about a classic keyboard. The upcoming PC4 is a hardware update of Kurzweil’s good known performance controller and production station keyboard and offers several new features. It features a 2GB of sample content, space for 2GB of user-loadable content and up to 256 voices of polyphony.
The highlight of the new PC4 is an entire 6-operator FM engine with the ability to import 80’s/90’s FM SysEX files. So we can assume that a similar DX7 synth engine is installed in the new Kurzweil PC4. Also new are 16 MIDI CC step sequencers that bring a lot of sound design possibilities. Unfortunately, not all the information are so far known, even the price. Although we don’t know everything yet, I think the new PC4 is a huge update that turns this keyboard series more and more into a complete Synthesizer.
Kurzweil Music Systems is proud to announce the all new PC4, Performance Controller and Production Station.
- 256 voices of polyphony
- 2 GB of factory sample content + 2 GB of user-loadable space
- 1000+ factory programs
- – New! – 6-operator FM Engine with the ability to import 80’s/90’s FM SysEx files
- 9 sets of programmable knobs+sliders+buttons
- 88 note fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity sensitive keys with aftertouch
- Full native V.A.S.T. editing capabilities
- 16 track Sequencer with dedicated front-panel transport buttons
- 16 arpeggiators (Classic or Step sequencers) with dedicated front-panel controls
- – New! – 16 MIDI CC Step Sequencers
- 16 Riff Generators
- Dedicated front-panel transposition and tempo controls
- Ribbon connector input
- (2) 1/4 inch audio input connectors
- (1) stereo 1/8″ audio input jack with FX
- (2) pairs of stereo outputs
- (4) switch pedals (via 2 stereo jacks)
- (2) CC pedal inputs
Full details, price and release date: TBA
More information here: Kurzweil