Eventide has today released Instant Flanger Mk II plugin, an emulation of the vintage Instant Flanger Model FL201 hardware unit from 1975. The developers made sure it has the iconic sound of the original device and added new modern features for perfect operation in DAWs.
LITTLE FERRY, NJ, USA, April 2, 2019: Eventide is proud to release the Instant Flanger Mk II plug-in — perfectly emulating the iconic sounds of the recording technology trailblazer’s original Instant Flanger hardware released in 1975, and available with added creative features and functionality for use in all of the most popular DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations).
Creative mixing and sound design for modern music production, video game, and motion picture scores can easily be achieved by any musician or engineer using Instant Flanger Mk II. As an easy-to-use, expressive plugin that offers new creative controls and features while retaining the magical sound and functionality of the original hardware, Instant Flanger Mk II delivers stunning results for any mix or desirable flanging track effect.
Today, Eventide’s updated Instant Flanger Mk II plug-in is a more authentic recreation of the original Eventide Clockworks Instant Flanger in appearance and most importantly – sound.
- Three distinct flanging flavors — set MODE for SHALLOW, DEEP, or WIDE. • MANUAL control allows adjustment of the ‘comb’ effect by turning the big knob.
- OSCILLATOR drives the flanging at a user-determined rate.
- ENVELOPE FOLLOWER drives the flanging based on the source signal’s amplitude.
- REMOTE maps the flanging control to a keyboard controller’s mod wheel for tactile manipulation.
- DEPTH allows users to set the intensity of the effect — 100% adds the dry signal to the delayed signal, -100% adds the phase inverted dry signal to the delayed signal.
- BOUNCE creates the distinctive effect of the tape machine’s capstan motor ‘hunting’ for its proper speed when the engineer removed their thumb from the tape reel flange.
- SIDE CHAIN allows for triggering the ENVELOPE FOLLOWER from a separate source in the mix for inter-track mingling.
- Exercise total control of the OSCILLATOR with SYNC and RETRIG controls.
- Tame the intensity by removing low frequencies from the flanged signal with the LOW CUT knob.
Eventide Instant Flanger Mk II is now available as an AAX/AU/VST plug-in for Mac/PC at an introductory promo price of $37.00 USD until April 30, 2019 — rising thereafter to $129.00 USD. The Instant Flanger Mk II software for Mac/PC is free to registered owners of Eventide’s Anthology X and Anthology XI software bundles.
More information here: Eventide