VAST Dynamics has recently released Vaporizer 2, a new hybrid wavetable additive/subtractive Synthesizer plugin for PC & Mac. It features a high-quality and versatile wavetable sound engine (according to the company alias-free), sampler, advanced routing options and is low on CPU. With the deep wavetable editor, it’s possible to design and draw own wavetables/waveforms with features like FM, PWM, harmonic morphed/reduced, comb filter… Also it’s possible to load samples in the sampler or re-synthesis them to new wavetables.
Over 30 different filters, 10+ effects (reverb, delay, chorus,…), 5 customizable loopable MSEG envelopes, 5 LFO’s oe and parameter sequencing, musicians get a massive amount of features for deep sound designs. For just 34,90€, users get here a super powerful wavetable synth with tons of features for a very affordable price.
Vaporizer 2 aims to offer an alias-free versatile high-performance wavetable sound engine with low system CPU resource usage.
- State-of the art wavetable engine with four independent alias-free wavetable oscillator banks with up to 24 oscillator unison.
- Low system CPU resource usage – even with more than 1.000 oscillators playing.
- Groundbreaking wavetable editor with a vast number of editing possibilities including frequency shift, smooth, clean, bend and bloat for single-cycles, parts of single-cycles or even whole wavetables.
- Easy-to use wavetable draw mode with smooth Bezier curves and snap to grid function.
- Mix-in, amplitude modulate, interpolate or normalize wavetable cycles.
- Generate FM, PWM, harmonic morphed/reduced, low pass/high pass/band pass/comb/formant filtering and even hard sync wavetables out of an arbitrary single cycle waveform .
- Morphing and phase shifting of wavetable cycles.
- Import and change standard (Serum, Icarus) format wavetables – also simply via drag and drop.
- Additive synthesis section that allows to freely edit all harmonics and phases in real-time.
- Sampler section (wav/aiff/ogg/mp3) with loop points, loop start modulation and key tracking.
- Resample samples to wavetables with pitch detection.
- Intelligent polyphonic portamento/glissando.
- Mono legato mode or polyphonic 4/16 voice modes.
- Three effects busses including 4 x oversampling and mono cutoff to preserve a clean low end.
- 10+ highly parameterizable effects including reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, bitcrush, eq, compressor, limiter, flanger, phaser, comb filter and more.
- All effect times and durations can be synced to DAW.
- State of the art filter section (30+ different types) with 4 x oversampled LPF (biquad, state variable and diode ladder implementations) plus high pass, all pass, band pass, notch, shelf, comb and scream filters – all with resonance.
- Very steep filter curves for punchy basses.
- Real-time filter response display.
- Innovative audio routing system for all sound generators, filters and effect busses.
- Five freely editable MSEG envelopes with loop function.
- Five LFOs (per voice – means up to 80 LFOs in total) with smooth generation optimized for lowest frequencies with ramp and phase that can be set per voice or global – can be synced to the DAW.
- Built-in arpeggiator that is freely editable and supports polyphonic modes and hold.
- Three step sequencers that can be synced to the DAW.
- All parameter knobs/sliders automatable.
- Comes with a daily growing number of presets – free regular updates on the website.
- Easy to use and intuitive user interface that is freely scalable and resizable even up to 4k and more with many drag and drop features.
Vaporizer 2 is available in VST/AU plugin formats, priced at 34.90 EUR / $39.90 USD. A purchase includes lifetime free updates. Vaporizer users can use the new version with their existing license.
More information here: VAST Dynamics