Roland continues where left off last year: new content every month. For NAMM 2019, Roland Cloud released two new plugins: Drum Studio – Acoustic One is a collection of high-quality acoustic sampled drums built-in an easy-to-use interface.
SRX World is a new Legendary collection title that is packed with sounds from around the world: didgeridoo, sitar, tabla and more.
Drum Studio Acoustic One
Drum Studio’s classic kits come from a history of craftsmanship born in the deep south and Quebec. We captured these cutting-edge samples with modern recording tools. Now, these meticulously recorded drum sounds are yours to explore. Presets like “Rock It,” “Backbeat,” “Wooden Hoops,” “Nashville,” and others provide starting points in a variety of styles useful for different applications. Just download, open in Concerto, and start playing!
Drum Studio includes 6 kicks, 5 snares, 9 toms, and 7 cymbals all sampled with varied articulation and multiple microphone placements and played with sticks, brushes, and hot rods. Included in the collection are a 1926 snare, a 1960 14×24 bass drum, and dozens of other sounds designed to bring an authentic vibe to your music.
- HRES (High-Resolution Extended Samples) acoustic drum kits.
- Cutting edge drum sounds captured with modern recording tools.
- RRS (Round Robin Sound) Sample Randomization.
- Dynamic drum mixer w/ multi-mic control and effects.
- Individual control of 6 kicks, 5 snares, 9 toms, and 7 cymbals all sampled with varied articulation and multiple microphone placements.
- Ten preset kits optimized for different styles and genres.
Throughout the early 2000s, Roland’s SRX expansion board series provided innovative tools to sprinkle fresh flavors into your synth setup. Installed directly into Roland hardware, each board contained a specialized musical world all its own. These genre-centric collections ranged from a dancefloor library like SRX DANCE TRAX to SRX ORCHESTRA with its patches of subtle strings and woodwinds. Taken as a whole, the SRX series widened players’ pallets, inspiring musicians to diversify their tracks.
“World Collection,” the ninth entry in the SRX-series, gave users the chance to travel the globe with an array of musical treasures. The original hardware boasted a collection of international instruments drawn from the SR-JV80 “World,” “Asia,” and “Latin” collections. Throw in a little bit of country for good measure, and the hardware was, literally, a worldwide affair.
- 407 patches, 10 rhythm sets, and 867 waveforms.
- Ultra-flexible patch parameters.
- Manages 128 memories as one bank.
- Multi-effects with 78 different kinds of effects including Delay, Chorus, Reverb, Auto Wah, Tape Echo, and dozens more.
Additionally, the Roland Cloud Manager and Concerto were updated.
More information here: Roland Cloud