Bastl Instruments has recently released 1983, a new smart polyphonic MIDI to CV interface for the Eurorack format with 4 channels of CV and gate. The main function of the 1983 module is clear: capture MIDI and transform them into CV/gate signals. Indeed nothing special. But since it comes from the Bastl crew from Brno, it has several clever features.
First, you can use it in different settings: up to 4 mono voices/ complex voice/ up to 4 voice polyphony/8 gates and more. Further, it comes with handy functions like automatic tuning by a single press, transposes CV signals, micro-tuning or MIDI CC support. 1983 is so seen a super handy and time-saving multi-function MIDI to CV interface!
Bastl Instruments 1983 is a polyphonic MIDI to CV interface with creative voice allocation and automatic tuning capabilities. There are four channels of CV and GATE outputs that can be configured in various Layouts, such as hybrid splits between monophonic and polyphonic voices or velocity, Control Change, aftertouch, triggers, clock or reset.
Each channel is able to LISTEN to simple waveforms from the oscillators, and with a single press of the TUNE button, the 1983 maps the response of each connected oscillator across all seven octaves. This way it ensures everything is in tune and with each other and that it responds to the MIDI notes correctly ( A4 = 440 Hz etc.). PURE MAGIC!
The 1983 has 4 channels of CV and GATE and these Outputs can be configured into several different LAYOUTS:
- 4-voice polyphony
- 3-voice polyphony + 1-voice monophony
- 2 monophonic voices with velocity
- 1 complex monophonic voice
- 4 monophonic voices
- 8 gates
- 4 gates with velocity
- 8 CC channels
- 4-channel QUANTIZER
- 4 channels of CV and GATE
- LISTEN input per channel for automatic tuning
- automatic tuning by a single press of a button (offset & scaling correction)
- several tuning systems (equal temperament, just intonation, A = 440/432 Hz etc.)
- LAYOUT selection (4 voice, 3+1 voice, 2 velocity voice, 4×1 voice, 1 voice, 8 gates, 8 CCs, 4 triggers + velocity, quantizer)
- each layout can map outputs of Channel D to MIDI Clock (adjustable divider) and Reset
- LEARN mode to assign MIDI channel and other properties
- UPDATE jack to quantize outputs to clock or trigger sequences
- WINDOW jack to creatively allocate notes in the buffer to available voices
- TRANSPOSE CV to shift outputs by semitones, fifths or octaves
- PORTAMENTO CV to adjust glide time
- responds to MIDI Note On & Off, CC (also Sustain), Velocity, Pitch Bend, Clock, Aftertouch
- µTune scale editing per each semitone in octave
Bastl Instruments 1983 Polyphonic MIDI To CV interface module is available now for 270€ excl. VAT and shipping.
More information here: Bastl Instruments