Just over a month ago, Arturia has released Pigments, a new powerful wavetable Synthesizer. Now the company released a first bigger update with some good new features. It features now per example poly aftertouch, 6dB LPF & HPF slope mode in the multimode filter or also 15 new presets from Andrew Huang.
New In Pigments v1.1
- Poly Aftertouch now supported.
- Added a 6dB LPF and HPF slope mode to the Multimode Filter.
- New master tune control.
- Turing and Binary random sources now have reset trigger sources.
- Velocity and Keyboard curve editor in Keyboard tab.
- Computer keyboard can now be used as a MIDI input in standalone mode.
- 15 new presets from Andrew Huang.
- Various bugfixes and workflow improvements.
The version 1.1 update is now available to Pigments owners from the Arturia Software Center.
News From 11 December 2018
The French plugin manufacturer Arturia has long been known for its emulations of vintage Synthesizers. These include the Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Synclavier V and many more. Now, for the first time, the company is breaking new ground in their own software Synthesizer product lineup. With Pigments they have released today a complex multi-engine Synthesizer that has a wavetable as well as virtual analog engine on board. The signal is than routed to a dual filter that features the best-known filter emulations from the past products (Mini-V, SEM filter, Matrix 12-V).
All this powered by a big colour coded modulation system that offers 3 LFO’s, 3 envelopes, 3 different random & function generators and much more. To refine the sounds, Pigments includes 13 high-quality modular effect processors that range from delay, reverb, chorus to versatile distortions. Melodies can be archived with a powerful polyrhythmic sequencer with clever randomisation options. A full review is coming soon.
What I can say so far: Pigments sounds different than other wavetable synths, colder but richer in the harmonics. A nice move from Arturia: you can check out Pigments for free for 1 months!
Pigments is the latest software synthesizer from instrument creators Arturia. Combining the best of two worlds, it features hugely powerful, cutting-edge wavetable synthesis alongside their award-winning virtual analog technology.
After spending 20 years analyzing and emulating the best synthesizers ever made, they have now used their expertise to create an original, uniquely “Arturia” software synthesizer. Pigments offers exceptional sound thanks to its hugely powerful architecture and lightning-fast workflow that makes complex modulations easy, fast, and fun.
Arturia promises that while Pigments can sound like other synths, no other synth can sound like Pigments. It is truly a 21st century instrument that will become the go-to choice for all producers, sound designers, and synth-fans alike thanks to its extraordinary features and tempting price. Pigments has some colorful tricks up its sleeve. In fact, it can do things other Synthesizers simply cannot do. These include:
- Scale quantized pitch modulations to build complex melodic sequences
- Continuous unison controls that can be modulated, with classic and chord modes
- Extensive waveshaping options for the wavetable oscillator, with great aliasing control
- The usual modulation sources and some more unconventional ones like the Turing and Binary random generators
- Powerful gate/retrig handling for modulators. Perfect to inspire unusual rhythmic sequences or self-generating patches
- Polyrhythmic sequencer with a strong emphasis on randomness, with scale control to remain musical
Two engines in parallel: the best of both worlds
- Virtual Analog triple oscillator engine
- Complex Wavetable engine with morphing and import
Twin filters: dozens to choose from
- Classic filters from V Collection instruments
- Modern filters like surgeon and comb
- Continuous series/parallel routing
Powerful effects section: an all-in-one solution
- 13 stunning effects, including wavefolder, overdrive, parametric EQ, and delay
- Insert or Send routing options with drag and drop for easy switching
- All the essential parameters can be modulated
Advanced modulation system: modulate anything with anything
- Graphical editing, source-based or destination-based
- Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random sources
- 4 assignable Macros to control multiple parameters at once
Visual interface: understand your sound
- Graphical representation of the most important modules
- Living, moving waveform to see your sound come alive
Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator: get creative
- Create complex, custom and evolving sequences or arps
Extensive factory preset library: learn from the masters
Hundreds of presets from awesome artists and experienced sound designers, including Jeremy Savage, Starcadian, Cubic Spline, Mord Fustang, and Jörg Hüttner Highlighted “notes” to show which parameters are recommended to tweak.
Until 10 January 2019, anyone can enjoy Pigments for free. To give this exciting new-generation software Synthesizer the launch it deserves, Pigments will be available to experience for free for a full month after its release.
Users wishing to buy Pigments during this promotional month will be able to purchase it for only $149 / 149€. Exclusive deals will be available for existing Arturia customers and V Collection owners.
More information here: Arturia