Behringer MS-101, an analog clone of the Roland SH-101 Synthesizer goes in production in January and will be available in early 2019!
During the Superbooth 2018, Behringer presented the MS-101, an analog clone of the Roland SH-101 Synthesizer. Now there are news just before Christmas.
The MS-101 goes into production in January. The first 50 units are already in pre-production and if everything works, they will start in January the full production.
What Uli Behringer Writes On Gearslutz
Here is a quick update. We’re now in pre-production with the MS-101. It took longer than we anticipated as we’re running our factory at near maximum capacity. Pre-production means we’re now producing around 50 units to ensure everything is in order. Provided we don’t find any issues, mass production will then commence a month later, which would be January. Thanks for your patience. Uli
View this post on Instagram
This is both a nice example of how good @roland_us did with their #sh101 #plugout #synth but also at how well the @behringer #ms101 recreates that sound. This is a decently complex sound as it utilizes the lfo (PWM) the envelopes (filter and vca) the filter cutoff and resonance and thebvco along with sub osc. I've been toying with the two for a bit now and man they are so close its scary (to an analog elitist snob lol, as they get scared by this stuff ) #FLUXWITHIT #analogvsdigital
Behringer announced today the new MS-101 analog Synthesizer, a recreation of the famous Roland SH-101 Synthesizer. It comes in full size, in all original colours and with several new features. One of the biggest new feature are the new FM possibilities. Also it includes a new step sequencer as well as many connections for external instruments.
Features of the Behringer MS-101
- Legendary monophonic synthesizer with authentic 3340 analog oscillator for insanely fat music creation
- 32 semi-weighted full-size keys for great playability
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs to recreate the classic sound performance
- Oscillator with 4 simultaneously, mixable waveforms: saw, triangle, square/pwm and octave-divided square sub-oscillator
- Resonant VCF can be modulated with ADSR, LFO, keyboard tracking and bender controller
- 6 FM sources allow for creative VCF modulation and unheard of filter effects
- ADSR envelope generator for incredible wave shaping
- Easy-to-use voltage controlled 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Attachable handgrip included with pitch bend wheel and a pitch modulation trigger
- Guitar strap included for live jamming on stage
- Bender assignable to VCO, VCF and pitch mod wheel on attachable handgrip
- Noise generator can be used as modulation source for distortion-like effects
- Incredible portamento function with auto mode for fantastic sound effects
- Pulse wave can be modulated by LFO, envelope and manually
- 57 sliders and switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
Here is a first look video at the prototype
Price & availability are to be announced!