KORG Electribe Wave v2 groove box update for iOS includes sample import, Ableton Live Project Export, new sounds & more!
Back in August, KORG surprised the iOS community with the Electribe Wave, a brand new Electribe app with wavetable synthesis and PCM samples. Recently, they have released already version 2 of this music app with major new features and improvements.
The new version features sample import for the drum parts, supports Ableton Live Project Export and more. Besides there are new expansions, free sounds, small improvements and bugfixes.
ELECTRIBE Wave has a sound wavetable featuring sounds widely used in the latest music creation. Unlike a PCM synth, the wavetable allows you to repeatedly play fragments of short waveforms, and change the waveform position during playback. By combining the wavetable (which features a rich variety of presets) with a powerful filter and two modulation units, you can create an infinite number of innovative and sharp sounds that cannot be produced using standard PCM synths. Even without a deep knowledge of synthesis techniques, the carefully selected parameters make it easy to craft your sound.
- New expansion pack “Solid Waves” is available.
- New expansion pack “Atmospheric Waves” is available.
- Now supports user sample import for drum parts.
- Added exclusive group selection for drum parts.
- Free drum sample packs are available.
- Now supports Ableton Live Project Export.
- Added Audio bounce format selector.
- Added “Pattern play mode” that enables you to change patterns in 3 ways.
- Other improvements and bug-fixes.
KORG Electribe Wave v2 is now on sale for $19.99 USD, with new expansions available as in-app-purchases. The version 2 update is free of charge for existing users of Electribe Wave.
More information here: KORG
Support the iOS coverage here: Patreon