TX16Wx Software Sampler 3, the FREE Kontakt alternative goes in the third round with many features, improvements, VST3/AAX support & more!
Hardware samplers, a product that was more interesting in the past then today. Many are still waiting for a sample that may sound vintage and modern at the same time. In the software area there are some, among other UVI Falcon, Steinberg HALion or Native Instruments Kontakt 5/6. All of them have one thing in common: they are relative expensive for one plugin. For those who do not want to spend so much, there are good alternatives available. TAL-Sampler is an affordable smart sampler plugin or even the TX16Wx software sampler that is free. The latter goes into the third round today and gets better and better.
The 3rd version comes with several new features: asynchronous disk streaming engine that brings disk streaming with ultra-low latency and reduce the amount of RAM required for smooth sample playback. On the performance side, it’s now better on CPU with improved sample interpolation and parameter processing. Also it includes a new program-centric user interface, better transient detection, better mapping editor and support for VST3/AAX plugin formats. Who spends 39€ even gets the Pro version which has time-stretch and pitch-shift modes among other features.
If you ask me for the best free sampler plugin, I will say immediately the TX16Wx software sampler 3 which is now even more powerful than before.
TX16Wx Software Sampler is a plug-in for the creative musician, inspired and modeled after the best hardware samplers with all the ease and new exiting features of modern software.
Extensive sound shaping
- Two resonant 6/12/24dB multimode filters
- AHDR/AHDSR envelope
- Pristine sound quality playback engine with high quality playback/mixdown modes
- All sound parameters fully automated
- The worlds only sampler with multi-mode polyphonic glide
- Two LFO:s, two envelopes and three step sequencers per voice
- Modulation matrix connects any modulator or MIDI/automation source to any sound element
- Two-level modulation with base and additional controller
- Tempo and voice synchronization of LFO and step sequencers
- Selectable velocity- and mapping curves with user-editable shape
File browser and active preview
- Quick browsing of sample libraries with preview playback and non-destructive loading of sound elements
- Set up bookmarks and search paths to quickly find and reference source material
- Reads WAV, AIFF, Ogg, FLAC and Yamaha waves
- Loads Sound fonts, SFZ, Akai and EXS formats
Powerful mapping editor
- Automatic keyboard layout of samples
- Unlimited sample groups and regions
- Mute/solo groups or regions to reduce clutter
- Join, split and combine groups quickly
- Drag & drop copy/paste between programs and groups
- Region cross-fade and alignment
Record your own samples
- Samples sounds from DAW input or internal bus
- Threshold, transport and MIDI CC triggering
- Automatic pitch- and loop detection and keyboard mapping
- MIDI generator for re-sampling internal or external instruments
Wave editor and beat slicer
- Non-destuctive realtime cross fade
- Loop overlay and automatic detection
- Built-in DSP and edit operations
- Interactive loop slicer with automatic keyboard layout
Powerful modern features
- DFD playback engine
- Time-strech and pitch-shift modes (Pro only)
- Full undo support
- Re-sizable interface
- 64-bit support
- Supports Windows & Mac
- Audio Unit, VST 2 & 3 and AAX format
The new TX16Wx Software Sampler 3 is available now for free for download for VST/VST3/AU and AAX. The Pro version with more features is available for 39€ (non-commercial – yearly revenue 10.000€) or 99€ for the unrestricted version.
More information here: TX16Wx Software Sampler 3