The Plugin Minute, a YouTube video format that offers short sound demos of virtual instrument & effect plugins. This episode features ArcSyn by SPC Plugins!
The Synthesizer plugin market is huge. Many companies, small or large, offer a variety. From wavetable, FM, virtual analog to multi-engine synths. An underdog in this area is ArcSyn from the UK-based developer SPC Plugins.
ArcSyn does not have the most beautiful interface design, but has a very good and versatile engine. It offers a wide range of oscillator engine/waveforms ranging from classic virtual analog, FM, bit-noise…, many unique filter types, envelopes and LFO’s that can be used as simple envelope/LFO or as powerful modulation sequencer. To refine the sounds, it comes with a good selection of different effect processors.
Highlight for sure is here the modulation sequencer where it’s possible to use for each step a different waveform. This gives you a lot of deep sound design options and a big playroom for unusual complex tones.
- No samples—all oscillator waveforms are generated from scratch.
- Many unique waveforms including Sub-harmonics, Bit-Noise and FM Crossfade.
- Unique LFOs feature wave sequencing and hundreds of unusual waveforms including many random types.
- Powerful, self-oscillating filters based on the Oberheim Matrix 12.
- Many unusual filter types like Frequency Shifter, Scramble and Multi-Alias.
- Smooth, natural sound quality throughout—Oscillators and filters are 4X oversampled, all audio processing is done in 64-bit arithmetic and control signals are updated at 5500Hz or higher.
- Comes with over 500 programs.
- MIDI controller learn.
- Easy program organisation—rearrange programs and folders using your computer’s file system.
What Is The Plugin Minute
The Plugin Minute is a new format on the SYNTH ANATOMY YouTube channel hat has the goal to briefly show exciting sounds of Synthesizer & effect plugins. The newest episode features some unique sounds from the ArcSyn Synthesizer.
More information here: SPC Plugins