The AtomoSynth Asterion is a new fully analog modular Synthesizer with 3 VCO’s, 2 VCF, 3 ADSR envelopes, 104 patch points and all in a metal case
When it comes to modular Synthesizers, most people talk about Eurorack. But do not forget the big format instruments from Moog Music, Moon Modular etc. where the cable world actually started. AtomoSynth, a developer from Peru has presented today a new modular Synth that goes the opposite direction of the trendy Eurorack world. The Asterion is a new fully modular analog Synthesizer that is big, well built and use 1/4 inch jacks.
On the feature side it comes with a very classic analog structure: 3 VCO’s (pulse & saw), 2 VCF with low- and highpass, 3 ADSR envelopes, 2 LFO’s… and a 104 patch points. From the first sound demo, it’s sounds really good and solid. The functionality is a bit smal in my opinion, especially in the field of the oscillators I miss some features that make the synth unique.
Hello World!! Today we are proud to introduce our new synth: The ASTERION. The new AtomoSynth Asterion is a full modular Synthesizer it means all modules are independent and has none internal connection, it needs to be patched to produce any sound. All sound generation and control signals are 100% analog. Very beautiful raw, organic, “electrical” sound. Very rugged, all metal construction, all potentiometers and jacks fixed to the metal panel. High quality full sized and well spaced bakelite knobs.
High quality double sided PCB board. all components set and soldered by hand by humans. High quality components, all potentiometers with dust seal. Patchbay separated from the knobs to avoid messing with the cables. 104 patch points!! 1/4 inch jacks. It is an old school style instrument, you need an cv/gate keyboard or cv/gate sequencer to control the Asterion.
- 3 VCO each one with Tune (10 turn precision potentiometer) and pulse width controls.
- Pulse and saw waveform. 2 CV inputs and PWM cv input.
- 2 LFO with square, triangle and saw waveforms.
- 1 White noise generator.
- 1 Glide module.
- 2 audio mixers with 4 inputs and 2 outputs each.
- 2 VCF each one with Low pass input and High pass input, peak/ressonance control, 2 cv inputs, 2 audio outputs.
- 3 Envelope generators ADSR type.
- 2 Audio VCA with output level (volume) control and cv control input.
- 3 Voltage mixers each one with 2X gain and 2 inputs (input 2 with offset function), mix output and inverted mix output.
- 2 Voltage/audio attenuators.
- 6 signal splitters.
- 104 patch points!! 1/4 inch jacks.
- Internal power supply (110V -240V AC)
- Dimensions: 635mm (W), 335mm (H), 150mm (D)
Price & Availability: TBA