TASCAM’s new Model 24 is a full-featured 22 channel digital multitrack recorder, audio interface and mixer for home studios & live performances!
Is the vintage look the next trend in the music production world? From this one can go out looking at TASCAM’s newest product announcement. They introduced today the Model 24, a new vintage looking digital multitrack recorder & audio recorder. From the feature set it’s quite similar to the Zoom LiveTrak L-12/L-20 series: a lot of XLR / ¼-inch line input channels (22), SD card recorder, dedicated audio interface, built-in effects…
With the Model 24, TASCAM will offer a super smart recording tool in the near future, suitable for mobile & home studios as well as for live performances that offers everything you need.
An excellent choice for studio and live applications, TASCAM’s versatile new Model 24 digital multitrack recorder offers 24 tracks of 24-bit, 48 kHz audio capture (22 channels and a stereo main mix) and 22 playback tracks via either USB 2.0 or to the unit’s onboard SD Card recorder. The SD Card recorder offers quick, easy one-touch recording and includes transport controls, auto and manual punch in/out, and overdub capability. With color-coded knobs, faux-wood sides, and a retro design, the Model 24 is reminiscent of vintage TASCAM products but it’s based on the company’s industry-leading digital Portastudio technology, as evidenced by its LCD screen and digital recording and Bluetooth® input features.
Mixdown is easy thanks to a built-in 22-channel mixer with 100 mm long-throw faders-a feature rarely found in this price class. The two monitor returns, subgroup bus, and stereo main bus also are equipped with dedicated 100 mm faders. The Model 24 offers 12 mono channels, each with XLR mic and ¼-inch line inputs; ¼-inch channel inputs 1 and 2 can be switched between line and instrument level, enabling plugging in a guitar or bass, and feature a ¼-inch TRS insert point. You also get 4 stereo channels with mono XLR mic and left and right ¼-inch line inputs. All 16 microphone inputs sport a preamp gain control and an overload (clip) indicator for the channel’s premium TASCAM microphone preamp. Each of the first 20 channels includes Mute and PFL solo.
An additional stereo channel (21/22) is equipped with unbalanced RCA, unbalanced stereo minijack, and wireless Bluetooth connectivity and offers Mute and Pairing buttons. This enables streaming audio from a laptop or mobile device. Stereo channel 21/22 has also been optimized to feed the Monitor 1 and Monitor 2 buses via rotary auxiliary send controls.
A Routing Mode selector enables each channel to be independently set to accept live input, the return from the USB bus, or the return from the SD Card recorder. This enables you to overdub in the studio and to fly in backing tracks for live performance. Multi-segment LED meters monitor the stereo main bus output levels. Outputs include stereo XLR and ¼-inch main outputs, two ¼-inch monitor sends, an effects send, stereo control room outputs, and a stereo ¼-inch headphone monitor output.
The Model 24 provides plenty of signal processing to perfect your sound. Each of the 12 mono channels include a simple one-knob compressor, a low cut filter, and 3-band semi-parametric EQ with sweepable midrange. The compressor and low cut filter are pre-Routing Mode selector so they can be applied to any recording track. The stereo channels include a low-cut filter and 3-band fixed EQ. A stereo 7-band graphic EQ with easy-control toggle buttons and instant bypass can be applied to the main mix or monitor outputs, enabling you to shape your mixes and prevent monitor feedback. An onboard stereo multi-effects processor lets you apply 16 preset effects, including reverb, delay, chorus, and flanging.
With its choice of multitrack recording methods, onboard processing, variety of inputs, and flexible mixing and routing options, the TASCAM Model 24 digital multitrack recorder is a great choice for project studios and for live recording and mixing. The Model 24 is expected to be available in the fourth quarter of 2018.
- All-in-One, Multitrack Recorder with 22 channel Mixer and USB Audio Interface
- WAV 48kHz/24-bit, 24 channel multitrack recording to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards
- Built-in USB Audio Interface to send/receive audio data to/from DAW
- 22 Inputs (20 Balanced, 12 Monaural, and 4 Stereo)
- 16 TASCAM Microphone Preamps
- Input Mode switch on every input channel
- TASCAM Ultra-HDDA Mic Pre-amp (Channels 1 to 12)
- Preamp Gain Controller with Overload indicator (Channels 1 to 12)
- 3-band EQ with a sweepable mid-range frequency (Channels 1 to 12)
- 100kHz Low-cut Filter (Channels 1 to 12)
- 7-band Graphic EQ
- 16 Pre-set Effects
- 100mm Long-throw Faders for precise adjustment
- Mute, Main/Sub, PLF switches on every input channel
- Bluetooth® input supporting both AAC and SBC codecs
- SUB Outputs via XLR Balanced and RCA Unbalanced connectors
- LINE Inputs via RCA Pin and ⅛” Stereo Mini jacks
- 3 AUX Outputs (Monitor 1, Monitor 2, FX)
- 1 Stereo Output for Control Room
- Phantom Power (+48V)
- ¼” Stereo Headphone Output
- Backlit buttons for key operations such as REC and Play
- Multi Jog-dial for quick menu operation
- 12-segment LED Output Level Meters
The Model 24 is expected to be available in the 4th quarter of 2018.
More information here: TASCAM