Sinevibes latest release Luminance is a new straightforward designed shimmer reverb plugin for macOS (AudioUnit).
When it comes to effects on electronic sound generators almost all musicians love reverbs, especially shimmer reverbs. Sinevibes joined today the party and released Luminance, a new compact but powerful simmer reverb plugin for macOS.
Luminance is based on a feedback network with 8×8 Hadamard matrix and use a granular pitch shifter & 2 pole low pass filter to shape the shimmer effect. As usual, it’s a bit pity that Sinevibes plugins are not available only for macOS and not for Windows. Nonetheless, an excellent release from Sinevibes.
Luminance is a plugin for creating “shimmer reverb” effects – unreal acoustic space simulations which gradually pitch-shift the reverberation tail. It’s a novel take on this coveted effect, here based on a modern “feedback delay network” design with high-quality interpolation – plus quite a few original tricks such as phase-inverted time modulation, special configurations for damping and signal blending. All this gives Luminance a fresh and highly musical character: it smoothly follows the original melodies and harmonies and creates a lush background sound layer reminiscent of a dreamy symphony of strings or pipe organs. And to ensure highest possible day-to-day usability, Luminance has an easy-to-understand set of finely-tuned parameters.
As always with a Sinevibes product, Luminance has a carefully crafted, clean and intuitive user interface. It features color-coded graphics for consistency with other plugins in our collection and well-calibrated contrast for optimal visibility in most lighting conditions. The interface supports retina resolution and also uses GPU-accelerated rendering, never impairing audio processing.
- Feedback delay network with 8×8 Hadamard matrix, cubic Hermite spline interpolation and variable time span.
- Granular pitch shifter and two-pole low-pass filter for shimmer effect shaping.
- Sine generator with unique phase-flipped modulation routing.
- Separate level controls for dry input signal, reverb send and return signals allowing multiple routing configurations.
- Color-coded graphics with subtle animations.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for retina screen resolution.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.
Sinevibes Luminance is available now for $29 USD. Existing users can buy it with an 20% OFF discount using a discount code which can be found in the newsletter.
Available here: Sinevibes Luminance