Roland has expanded its subscription service Roland Cloud with two 2 new genre-based instrument plugins for the FLAVR lineup: Trapped & Sugar!
Even though very few people are happy with the subscription service from Roland (high price), I want to thank the team to support the service every month by publishing new content. So monthly, users not only gets Synthesizer or drum machine but also instruments with a specific sounds.
Roland Cloud has launched an 5.808 update that adds two new genre-based instrument plugins to the FLAVR lineup: TRAPPED features sounds of modern EDM Trap and SUGAR is inspired by the Tropical House/Trop House genre. All the sounds are customizable and playable inside two new easy-to-use plugins that features a wide range of sound parameters to tweak.
Based on the Trap and Tropical house sub-genres of EDM respectively, both have the perfect melodic patch sets to drop right into their corresponding genres. Rhythmically, and relevant to the 808Day celebration, both instruments are heavily inspired and contain modern extensions of the Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer (and lot’s of other inspiring sounds too!)
TRAPPED distills the essence of modern EDM Trap music and puts it in an easy to use, highly expressive and performant virtual instrument. The “Trap Drums” percussion patch takes the TR-808 and expands on it in new and exciting ways. For example, TRAPPED leverages a keyboard split, with a long decay chromatic bass on the bottom end so you can play melodic bass drum lines, and puts percussive elements such as snare or clap on the top end. TRAPPED’S long decay kick is velocity sensitive, so whether you record your performance live or build your beats in a sequencer, TRAPPED will leave you inspired.
SUGAR is inspired by the Tropical House or Trop House genre of EDM. Although it’s a perfect addition to any producer or DJs arsenal for playing a festival, SUGAR has a deep variance of luscious melodic patches that fit perfectly in other genres and for other applications.
Both TRAPPED and SUGAR take full advantage of the recent effects update to Roland Cloud including:
- Stereo Delay with tempo sync, wet/dry adjustment, feedback adjustment
- Flanger with adjustable depth, rate, feedback, stereo spread, tempo sync and wet/dry mix
- Stereo Chorus with adjustable depth, rate, feedback, stereo spread, and wet/dry mix
- Distortion with adjustable overdrive, turbo, wet/dry mix as well as several selectable IR models
- Reverb that allows you to toggle between classic or convolution reverb models
- Compressor with variable threshold, compression ratio, knee width, makeup gain, attack, and release
- Doubler that provides stereo delay across left and right channels with adjustable gain, feedback and delay timing
The Roland Cloud 5.808 update is available now free of charge for existing users. A 30 days trial for Roland Cloud is available to every new customer.
More information here: Roland Cloud