SKULPTsynthesizer is battery powered, portable and a powerful virtual analog 4 voice poly Synthesizer with advanced sound design features!
Modal Electronics just announced SKULPT, a new battery powered virtual analog Synthesizer. SKULPT features a 4 voice architecture with up to 32 oscillators (8 oscillators per voice). Beside two selectable morphable waveforms, it features FM, PWM, tuning and ring modulation possibilities. It can be used in mono, duophonic and polyphonic modes.
For advanced modulations, SKULPT includes 3 envelope generators (filter, amp and mod) as well as 2 audio rate LFO’s. All this can be managed in a 8 slot modulation matrix with 8 sources and 37 destination. It features also a realtime sequencer with up to 128 notes and the possibility to record 4 parameters. To refine the sounds, it features a delay and distortion effect processor. Additional MIDI DIN In & Out and analog clock sync in/out gives you everything you need to use it externally. All this is powered by 6x AA batteries or by USB. Same as for the previous synths, the developers will include a full featured editor for PC/Mac/iOS/Android for a better overview of the parameters and preset management.
New for a Modal Electronics instrument is that it will be available via a Kickstarter campaign on 13th of July! An interesting new portable VA synth in my opinion. If the price is right, it will be a big seller!
- 4 voice – 32 oscillator virtual analogue synthesiser
- 8 oscillators per voice with 2 selectable morphable waveforms
- Mixer stage for osc levels along with FM, PWM, tuning and Ring Modulation options
- Monophonic, Duophonic and Polyphonic modes available
- Multi option Unison / spread to detune the 32 oscillators for a huge sound
- 8 slot modulation matrix with 8 sources and 37 destinations
- 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation
- 2 x audio rate LFOs, one global and one polyphonic
- Realtime sequencer that will record up to 128 notes and up to 4 parameters.
- Fully featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, swing and sustain controls.
- Resonant filter that can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
- Delay and distortion (wavehsaping overdrive, not bitcrushing) effects
- Optional MIDI clock sync for LFOs and Delay
- 128 patch and 64 sequence storage locations
- 16 key touch MIDI keyboard
- MIDI DIN In and Out – Analogue clock sync In and Out connections
- Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Headphone and line output
- Power by USB or 6 x AA batteries
- Optional software editor available for MacOS, Windows, IOS and Android
- Portable and compact design
The SKULP Synthesizer will be launched on Kickstarter on 13th of July 2018
Price & Availability: TBA
More information here: Modal Electronics