iLEP is a new hands-on modular effect app for performers that offers 6 different effects with various routing & modulation options.
This week, Oliver from Elastic Drums has released a new exciting app. This time, he worked with Thomas Seeling and was responsible for the final development stage of the app. iLEP is a new powerful modular effect processor for iOS especially interesting for the live stage. The app features 6 different effects ranging ring modulators, pitch shifters, reverb & more. One of the highlights is that this entire effect construction is modular useable. This means, you can change the routings and apply different modulation to them.
The idea of iLEP was not only to offer another effect processor but also to offer a unique instrument. You can use iLEP as instrument because there several possible sound sources: sampler & pitch tracker, various test signals (sine, noise, sample). The app can also used a classic effect processor using the microphone or the line in. With features like launching cues via Midi Bank and MIDI program messages, iLEP is a perfect modular effect app for live musicians. An exciting new app in my opinion that is perfect for hybrid musicians (hardware & iOS).
iLEP (Live Electronic Patch) is the result of many years of collaboration between composers and software engineers with the aim of creating a live-electronic instrument that shows its strongest musical performance in conjunction with an acoustic musical instrument and is especially suitable for use in concerts.
The first version of LEP was developed in Max-MSP by Wolfgang Heiniger and Thomas Kessler and later further developed by Thomas Seelig. Thomas Seelig then redesigned the original version and ported it for the iOS operating system to make the app runable on the iPad and thus accessible to a wide range of applications. Oliver Greschke joined later to help complete the app.
- Modular effect app with various routing and modulation options
- 6 different effects: 2x ring modulator, 2x filter (low, high, band), 2x pitch shifter, 2 delay, degrade, reverb, which can be precisely controlled graphically and by direct parameter input
- 16*16 patch-possibilities to route audio through different effects, like in a modular system
- Possible sound sources: Microphone/line in, sampler and pitch tracker, various test signals (sine, noise, sample)
- Various effect parameters can be modulated to different degrees (min… max) by a modulation source (e.g. Midi Express pedal): Excellent for live applications!
- An additional effect parameter can be modulated by midi notes
- Save, import, export and edit your own cue effect configurations
- Different cues can be combined to a set
- Import and management of own samples and entire sample libraries assigned to a set
- Import of midi files for modulation purposes
- Possibility to automatically run through different cues (presets) with time control using the “Autocue” function
- Possibility to quickly launch cues (presets) via Midi Bank and Midi program messages
- Stereo 3-way input equalizer (high shelf, peak notch, low shelf) to adjust input signals
- Master limiter at the end of the signal chain
- Audio bus and IAA capable (effect node)
iLEP for iPad is now available for $9.99 USD
Available here: iLEP