With ARCADE, Output introduces a new Synthesizer plugin that lets you transform loops radically in an unique instrument with your personal sound character without spending a lot of time with the user manual!
“We’ll change the way you make music!” That was the teaser who has been wandering in the social media the last few days. What Output has introduced today is exciting and novel but I’m not sure if it will change that much. ARCADE is the name of a new playable loop Synthesizer plugin that features an interesting engine. This engine is based on loops, samples etc. that you can load yourself (own samples) or download them directly from Output in the plugin.
These loops can then be taken apart and edited with various parameters. There are various sound shapers, 11 effects and versatile modulation options available. With the black keys of the keyboard, you can also manipulate sounds while playing. So you can develop with the help of simple loops very complex and new sounds. Loops are often described by musicians as boring but Arcade Synthesizer makes it possible to turn this file into thousands of new instruments.
What may possibly deter various musicians is the price policy. The plugin can not be bought but you have to pay $ 10 USD per month to get access. For this purpose, the user gets delivered but daily sound. What companies like NOIIZ or Loopmasters are already doing, is Output now starting in the form of a Synthesizer plugin and a dedicated subscription based sound catalog. Certainly an interesting new sound concept and it will be worthwhile to continue to check out in the future this project. Musicians can use the plugin for free for 100 days!
Press Release June 12, 2018, LOS ANGELES, CA
After years in the making, Output Inc. is ecstatic to announce ARCADE, a playable loop synthesizer with new content every day. Like a Netflix or Hulu for music makers, only Arcade also packs powerful tools to transform loops until they sound like you. Output has revolutionized a musician’s workflow by eradicating countless folders and websites from the search process. Tempo and pitch locked loops are organized into sonic worlds and available directly within the Arcade plugin. Playable kits contain curated loops dialed in with 11 effects, customizable sliders, advanced modulation and Output’s proprietary black key modifiers making it easy to tweak on the fly. With respect to every artist’s unique voice, users can also drag and drop their own loops and samples to manipulate them with the same creative tools.
Founder and CEO, Gregg Lehrman says “All you have to do is watch someone use Arcade for 5 minutes and you grasp the impact this will have on music production. Our goal from day one has always been to help musicians be creative. I think this is a huge next step in the fulfillment of that vision and can’t wait to hear how it inspires and transforms music.”
- Arcade is a software plugin that is compatible with all major recording programs
- Cloud browsing delivers new product lines, kits and loops directly within plugin.
- User can add their own loops and samples by drag and drop
- New content available daily
- All audio locks to tempo and key
- 15-voice Loop synthesizer
- Transform loops on the fly with Output’s proprietary modifiers
- 11 effects, 4 sliders and deep modulation capabilities
- 15 channel mixer with 4 insert master bus and 2 bus sends
- Audio previewing in original and session tempo/key
- Search, browse and sort by tag to find quickly
- Offline mode enables use without internet
- Input Quantize for tightening live performances
- OSX AU / VST / VST3 / AAX WIN VST / VST3 /AAX 32/64bit Compatible with all Major Digital Audio Workstation Software Browser
- Internet Connected Fully Searchable Browser for Lines, Kits and Loops.
- Download any content based on Search or Tags/filters
- User Loops and User Kits access with same BPM and Key control as Factory
- Audio Preview and Favorite Function for Lines, Kits or Loops
- Descriptions for each Line, Kit or Loop
- Sorting and Tag Filters to find things fast. Loop Voice (x15)
- Multimode Filter with Resonance and Gradual/Steep Curve
- Volume, Pan, Attack/Release and Loop Crossfade • Speed Control (1/4, 1/2, x1, x2)
- Tune Control (+/- 24) • Loop Playback (Reverse, Pendulum, Loop On/Off, Hold)
- FX Sends Pre/Post x2 • Modifier Block
- Sync On/Off • BPM & Time signature Control
- Key Signature control • Formant Pitch Control
- Efficient and High Quality Time/Pitch Stretching Mode
- Velocity Sens. (Filter Cutoff/Reso, Volume & Formant) Modifiers
- ReSequence (16 steps with Volume, Mute, Reverse, Speed, Length and Attack Decay control per step)
- Playhead (Speed, Reverse, Loop On/Off, Cup Point per Loop)
- Repeater (Note Repeat with Rate, Reverse, Volume Step Sequencer) Session Key Control
- Play any kit or Loop in the user selected Key matching your song. Dashboard
- Global Speed Control (1/2, x1, x2)
- Legato Option (play all loops in sync no matter when you trigger them)
- Input Quantize (assures loops will start and play in time)
- Voice Limit per kit
- Content Transfer to a custom location
- Helpful Links to online manual Mixer
- 15 Channel Mixer with Volume, Pan, Pre/Post Send FX(x2), Solo
- Send Bus (x2) with Volume, Pan and Mute
- 2 insert FX slots per Bus
- Master Bus with Volume, Pan, Mute and 4 Insert FX slots Effects
- Chorus, Compressor, MultiTap Delay, Stereo Delay, Distortion Box, Equalizer, Filter, Limiter, LoFi, Phaser, Reverb Modulation
- LFO/Step (x2) Sync/Free mode with Retrigger and Rate.
- Waveshape Control • Attack, Phase, Chaos and Polarity Control
ARCADE Synthesizer by Output is now available for a monthly fee of $10 USD. The first 100 days are free of charge and users can cancel it any time!
More information here: Output ARCADE