K-Devices expanded their OOG Tools series with two devices: AutoTrig & TATAT, two new Ableton Lives devices that brings new wind into electronic music composing.
If you know K-Devices as a company, you know exactly that they don’t bring normal products to the market. Already with the OOG tools (MOOR and Twistor), they demonstrate well what is today possible in the sequencer world. Recently, the company launched two new devices with the same OOG tools philosophy. The main difference to the previous released devices is that they apply no more sequencers but cycles. That means that musicians don’t get steps here but advanced time resolutions and other parameters to edit.
AutoTrig is a MIDI note generator with four tracks designed to create mainly percussive beats and grooves. All four tracks are driven by a common time resolution so they are always in sync. The interesting part is that each part can be manipulated with individual time handling parameters and trig processing operators to create very complex structures.
TATAT is a M4L MIDI effect designed to generate, manipulate, and store MIDI notes sequences. This second device is designed to offer musicians a tool that can gives you instant new sequence ideas, store them and add unexpected events to fixed patterns.
AutoTrig is a MIDI notes generator designed to create mainly percussive beats and grooves with a different approach. Four tracks are driven by a common time resolution, so they will always stay in sync, but each track hosts exclusive time handling parameters and trig processing operators, to create complex structures.
Main Features Of AutoTrig
- Multiple always-in-sync time resolution: you set a main time resolution, then you can set ratio individually for each tracks, in order to get complex rhythmic structures.
- Multi-multi-track: each track comes with multiple functions that will let you create your beats with an innovative approach.
- Velocity rules: two tracks come with dynamic velocity settings, the other two have static velocity.
- Chance Rules: the tracks with static velocity offer a chance-based system to trig multiple notes.
- MIDI Notes or Audio Signal?
- Use free included device MiMu6 to convert MIDI notes to Gate/Trig/CV signals!
- Snapshots: Save up to four snapshots, recall them by hand, automation, or chance.
We created AutoTrig for musicians to get cool patterns and shifting grooves with just a few moves. AutoTrig comes with a linear, clear user interface, but it have a strong personality: it’s simple to understand, but it has been designed to challenge the user. AutoTrig it’s made to create patterns in a different way. To create a basic pattern it’s easy and fast; from there, the best experience is to tweak parameters live while listening to the immediate results: unexpected grooves and surprising rhythmic structures will emerge.
TATAT is a (unstable) streams generator and a lunatic device designed for free main purposes: to create always-changing sequences, to quickly sketch and store melodic ideas and to add unexpected events to fixed patterns.
Features of TATAT
- Multi-chance time resolution: set chance for each time resolution to rule the stream, and scale results with main ratio to create organic time fluctuations.
- Notes: set chance for each notes to get triggered, enable the keys toggle to change the notes on the fly, giving a different color to the stream
Double hit: a special section lets you to set two intervals and the probability they got triggered, adding harmonic weight to the stream. If you are playing a sliced sample, then you can set some double hits.
- Let’s process the stream: you can process the generated notes with several parameters: add a velocity variation, a delay, set the length, randomize, and mute some notes. It’s easy and fast.
- Live notes vs. memory: when this parameter is zero, a buffer with given length continuously records the stream, when it’s different than zero, the buffer got locked, and you set the chance to get live or buffered notes. You add the stability you want to the lunatic stream!
- Clip export: you found the right mood? You can export all variations you want as Live clips with one click: quick and easy!
“Together or individually, AutoTrig and TATAT will expand the creative palette for beat makers,” said Alessio Santini. “These are killer devices for users that want to go wild with time signatures, complex time, micro articulation, and experimental music, but they are versatile and easy to handle, and can become best partners also for creating catchy bass lines, straight beats, and groovy loops!”
AutoTrig and TATAT are available for purchase for 29 EUR/$34 USD each. A bundle of both is 39 EUR/$45 USD, and a bundle comprising both devices alongside MOOR and Twistor is 69 EUR/$81 USD.
More information here: K-Devices
Available here: K-Devices OOG Bundle