With the new Blipblox Synthesizer, young children can already discover the world of electronic instruments in a playful way and can’t do nothing wrong.
Back at NAMM 2018, Playtime Engineering announced Blipbox, a new hardware Synthesizer that is specially designed for children as young as 3 years old. At this time, the synth was still a prototype, but already there was enough interest for it, even in adults. This is especially the case since the is a complete digital Synthesizer with professional features. What’s different from other synths is the interface. The Blipblox’s interface is kid-friendly designed and features colourful knobs and buttons plus an interactive LED light show.
If you want to do more, professional synth engine feature are available that can be used in any music production project. The company announced this week that the Blipblox Audio Exploration Module is now available for pre-order on Indiegogo.
Introducing the Blipblox Audio Exploration Module. Not your typical music toy, but a fully functional synthesizer that has been safety tested for children as young as 3 years old. The Blipblox’s kid-friendly design features colorful knobs and buttons plus an interactive LED light show, while the professional synthesis engine and other studio features promote music-making on a whole new level. No need to connect a phone. No software to download. No music experience necessary. Just turn it on and start exploring electronic music in a completely new way.
Features: Kid-Friendly & Kid Safe
- Colorful knobs & buttons are easy to twist and press
- Multi-color LED light show is synchronized to the music.
- Durable plastic design is drop & splash resistant.
- Volume limiter allows parents to set max volume.
- Controls designed so little hands can’t remove them
- Certified chid safe to ATSM-F963 and other international standards
- Powered by batteries or AC adapter.
Studio Ready Features
- MIDI input for an external keyboard or sequencer controller.
- 1/4 Audio Output ack
- Eight unique oscillator modulation schemes.
- One Low Pass Filter.
- Two LFO’s
- Two Envelope Generators
- 3-in/3-out modulation matrix.
- Integrated drum machine
- Performance Mode optimizes device display for music production.
- No music experience needed! Have fun just exploring the new sounds or dig deeper to learn the signal path and master the synthesis engine
- Algorithm & system flow learning provides STEAM experience beyond music play
- Accessibility features allows safe use for special needs education.
- Programmed LED modes allows for advanced synthesis learning
NAMM 2018 Presentation
The Blipblox Synthesizer is now available for pre-order with a starting price of $139 USD (early bird edition). The developer estimates the delivery for October 2018.
More information here: Blipblox Synthesizer