Exodus Digital introduced the Valkyrie Synthesizer, a new modern digital Synthesizer at this year’s Musikmesse in Frankfurt. Already yesterday, I postet a first sound demo of this new instrument. As promised, here is the first look video. It doesn’t have additional sound demos but all information you need to know. I consider for this first look also your feedback and questions.
How Do I Like The Valkyrie Synthesizer So Far?
Yes, one thing is for sure. It’s very similar to the Access Virus TI Synthesizer. The sound engine of this new instrument is a bit more complex and finer in my opinion. With more than 4000 wavetables, you can certainly design a lot of other sounds. The synth makes a solid impression on me. To criticise I have are the knobs that I personally don’t like. They feel not super solid. Nonetheless, I’m curious when it comes out and what it will ultimately cost (developers estimation: under 2000€).
- Polyphony up to 128 voice channel + dual mode / dual filter patch
- Up to 32 notes per multi-timbral part
- Multi-timbrality (8 independent parts)
- Audio stream via USB
- Each part can be mixed to one of the 4 analogue stereo line outputs
- 2 oscillators groups per voice (sawtooth, pulse, wavetable and noise available simultaneously)
- Each oscillator group also has an independent detunable suboscillator with four selectable shapes and two selectable pitches. Real Hard Sync, Ring Modulation and FM (frequency modulation) is available between the oscillator groups.
- Hypersaw (6 or 12 real oscillator hypersaw)
- Wavetables: 4096 18-bit linear PCM single-cycle oversampled wavetables
- Filters: emulations of classic analog ladder filters: low pass, band pass and high pass configurations. 2-pole (12dB/octave) and 4-pole (24dB/octave) responses are available for all three filter types. A Patch can be configured to have linked or independent parallel filters.
- 3 fast-response ADSR envelope generators
- 3 LFO’s with 64 wavetable shapes: Monophonic, polyphonic, random, antiphase and quadrature phase settings.
- 6 channels with up to 3 destinations per channel.
- Nine module stereo effects unit per Part with a 3-band shelving EQ, a Formant Filter, 5-mode Distortion module, dual Limiters, stereo Delay module, 6-stage Phaser, Chorus/Flanger module and a Reverb module. All 72 effects modules can be used simultaneously without affecting polyphony.
Arpeggiator with 128 preset patterns, chord mode, MIDI clock.
- Arpeggiator with 128 preset patterns, chord mode, MIDI clock.
- Patch storage: 3,328 in total all of which are user programmable.
- Free Editor/Librarian app for Windows and Mac
- Processing: 32x oversampled 32-bit hardware sound generation. 96kHz floating point sound processing.
- Analogue outputs: 4 balanced stereo pairs using 32 bit DAC at 96kHz sample rate.
- USB audio: USB Audio Class 2.0 – 8 stereo 24-bit streams at 96kHz with 48kHz down-sample mode available.
- USB 2.0 and legacy (5-pin DIN connector) MIDI
- Display: High resolution 256×64 pixel graphic OLED
- Full keyboard microtuning capability with MIDI Tuning Standard (MTS) support.
Availability & final price: TBA