Bitwig collaborates with Expert Sleepers, makers of the class-compliant audio interface module for the Eurorack format!
Bitwig has announced an interesting new collaboration that makes sense. To offer a straightforward to way integrate modular gear in the Bitwork workflow, the company released now the ES-8 class-compliant audio interface by Expert Sleepers in a Bitwig version. It features DC-coupled inputs and outputs, which can be used for both CV/Gate/Clock and audio signals.
As we’ve been enhancing Bitwig Studio’s integration with analog modular systems, we’ve been working with a lot of audio interfaces. But the work by Expert Sleepers — aka Andrew Ostler (aka Os) — uniquely solves every challenge: a small module, class-compliant, with plenty of I/O (12 analog, another 16 digital for expansion), and visual feedback on the ports.
The ES-8 was specifically designed for people who want to integrate software with hardware. We find ourselves using the ES-8 whenever we get a chance to showcase Bitwig Studio so a limited Bitwig-branded version just made sense.
- Panel width: 8HP.
- Module depth: 50mm.
- Current draw: 198mA on the +12V rail, 52mA on the -12V rail (at 96kHz).
- USB socket: Type B.
- Driver suport: class-compliant USB 2.0 (no driver required for macOS and iOS – Windows drivers provided for Windows 7, 8 & 10).
- Channel count: 12 in, 16 out.
- Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz.
- Audio sample depth: 24 bit.
- Output connections: 8x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled.
- Maximum output voltage: approximately ±10V DC.
- Analogue inputs: 4x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled.
- Input voltage range: approximately ±10V.
- Digital I/O: 1x ADAT input, 1x ADAT output.
- Expansion headers: 1 for ES-5, 1 for ES-6.
- Weight: 123g.
The ES-8 Bitwig Edition audio interface is available for 445 EUR.
Bitwig At SuperBooth 2018
Bitwig will be also at SuperBooth 2018 from May 3rd to 5th, hosting a series of events
- Phase Synthesis Workshop.
- Synthesist Reloaded Masterclass with Harald Großkopf.
- Open Controller Workshop: Customize your MIDI controller.
More information here: Bitwig