The Behringer Neutron has been one of the most discussed topics in recent weeks. Either you like him or not. The Neutron stands out wit its red design and this polarises the synth community. Personally, I’m now familiar with the design and don’t have big problems with it (beta test phase). It looks different than many of the other Synthesizers that are often black or silver.
But there are also enough people who want a black design. Behringer has not yet responded to this request. Mick Gründer from the Eurorack Synthesizer Facebook group has thought about it and designed his own black faceplate.
In my opinion, this one looked very nice and would also fit well with the synth. If he finds enough people for it, he would have them produced in limited editions. Are you interested in this faceplate?
First Look Video
- Paraphonic synthesizer with authentic dual 3340 analog oscillators for insanely fat music creation
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO design to recreate classic sound performance
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- Oscillator waveform control blends seamlessly between 5 shapes (tone mod, saw tooth, pulse, triangle, sine wave)
- Individual pulse width / tone mod control provides ultimate sounds
- Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Flexible LFO with fi ve waveform shapes, MIDI clock sync, key sync and delay / fade in
- Two analogue ADSR generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Multiple stage analog delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- Overdrive circuit adds rich analog warmth and edge to your sounds
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 36 controls and 7 buttons give you direct and real time access to all parameters
- Switchable, self-oscillating, multi-mode analog 12 dB/Oct VCF with dual output (e.g. LP+HP available on jacks) Utility functions including attenuators, multiples, slew rate limiter and summers for creative patching flexibility
- 32 in / 24 out jack matrix for an incredible amount of patching options
- Patchable audio-rate sample and hold with glide for added creativity
- Headphone output with dedicated level control
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/Midi implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The Neutron will be available in May for a price of $299 USD. Please contact Mick Gründer over Facebook if you are interested in this black faceplate.
More information here: BEHRINGER