Back on NAMM 2018, Zoom presented the next generation of the H1n compact audio field recorder with some major improvements. Per example, they include a new X/Y microphone capsule that captures high-quality stereo sound as well as an optimised interface. The company announced today the H1n is now available worldwide.
What Zoom Has To Say About The New H1n
A newly designed onboard limiter enables distortion-free recording up to 120 dB SPL, letting users capture concerts, band practices, or other loud situations without compromising audio quality. The H1n’s new low-cut filter features selectable cut-off points and helps eliminate pops, wind noise, and other unwanted low-frequency rumble.
A host of new, advanced functions like Playback Speed Control and A-B Repeat provide greater flexibility during playback. The easy-to-use Overdubbing feature allows the user to layer audio easily. Auto-Record and Pre-Record settings make sure the desired audio is always captured at pristine 24-bit/96 kHz. The Voice Emphasize filter is designed specifically for dictation, making the H1n incredibly useful for interviews, lectures or podcasting.
For filmmakers using DSLRs, the H1n is equipped with all-new Test Tone and Slate Tone generators to calibrate levels and mark audio start and stop points for easily syncing audio to video. Utilizing two AAA batteries to provide up to 10 hours of recording time, the H1n is the perfect companion for on-location shoots or traveling.
- One-touch button controls
- 1.25” monochrome LCD display
- Intuitive menus for easy operation
- Stereo X/Y 90˚microphones handle up to 120 dB SPL
- Stereo ⅛” Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Stereo ⅛” Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated
- Limiter button for input signal up to 120 dB SPL
- Playback Speed Control, Voice Emphasize Filter,
and Stereo Bounce functions
- Auto-Record, Pre-Record, and Self-Timer functions
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant
WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Tone generator for filmmaking use with DSLR
and video cameras
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Micro USB port for data exchange to and from computer
and use as an audio interface
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or
NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17)
- Up to 10 hours of operation with alkaline batteries
The Zoom H1n Handy Recorder is now available at $119.99 USD.
More information here: Zoom H1n