Michael Daines, a newcomer in the iOS music app world released recently his first development. Grid Music is a nw 2-dimensional MIDI step sequencer that allows you to create more just classic 16-steps patterns. Beside normal sequencing capabilities, musicians can also design loops, random branches and polyrhythmic melodies.
Its 5×5 grid allows for countless arrangements of melody and timbre while keeping the entire composition visible and easy to understand. Pitch and rhythm can be directly manipulated by touch, and the structure of a pattern can be altered in just a few taps.
- Send MIDI notes and control change messages to compatible synthesizer apps. If you have a compatible MIDI interface and the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, Grid Music can control an external MIDI synthesizer.
- Easy to use built-in synthesizer featuring envelope settings, PWM, and vibrato.
- Randomize button for quickly exploring new melodies.
- Pitch quantization ensures that notes are always in key and makes it simple to create chord progressions. Includes several scale and chord options.
- Multiple levels of undo while editing patterns.
- Perform songs with perfect timing using synchronized pattern queueing.
- Support for Ableton Link allows Grid Music to play in time with other apps and devices.
- Support for the iOS Files app makes it easy to organize your compositions and access them from multiple devices.
Grid Music is now available on the Apple App Store for $4.99 USD.
Available here: Grid Music