The Elektron Digitakt as well as the new Analog Rytm MKII are two interesting instruments which each have sample functions. But it was a bit awkward to load / backup samples into/from this devices. To simply this, Elektron has developed the Transfer application (released in 2017) further and make it compatible with the Digitakt and Analog Rytm MKII
What Elektron Has To Say About Transfer
Transfer is an application for Mac OS and Windows, facilitating sample transfer to and from your Transfer-compatible Elektron device.
Transfer 1.1.0 supports the following computer operating systems.
- 64 bit Apple computer with macOS 10.9 or higher (10.13 recommended). 32 bit architectures not supported.
- PC with Windows 7 SP1 or higher (Windows 10 recommended).
- At least 4 GB of RAM.
- Intel Core i5 CPU or higher.
List of changes in 1.0.0 to 1.10
- Added Explore page, where device file system can be browsed side-by-side with the computer file system in a two-column layout.
- Bi-directional sample transfers now supported, meaning sample files can be transferred also from device to computer (for backup purposes).
- Device files and folders can now be renamed and deleted from Transfer. Deletion of non-empty folders is also supported.
- Transfer can now be connected to multiple devices simultaneously, for device-to-device transfers (using the Explore page).
- Transfers are faster.
- UI polished for improved clarity and usability.
- When dropping folders and zip files onto Transfer, only .wav files would be added to transfer list.
- Other supported file types such as .aiff would be ignored.
- Transfer jobs would sometimes stop prematurely.
- CPU usage was very high in certain states.
More information here: Elektron Transfer
Available here: Elektron