The AKAI S950 sampler from 1986 was one of the first professional samplers and was best-known for the sound quality. It featured AD/DA converters that can add a warm and crunchy character to any sound.
Unfortunately, there is today no hardware sampler on the market that has such an iconic sound character. The developer Mathieu Demange accepted the challenge and announced today that this best-known character is now available for all DAW.
The new RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter is a new effect plugin that emulates the whole AD/DA conversion process from the AKAI S950 sampler. The aim of this plugin is to offer again a way to offer musicians this vintage, warm and crunchy sound.
What The Developer Have To Say About The RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter
The Akai S950, one of the most famous samplers from the 80s, is largely praised for its legendary sound. Many consider the 12-bit grit and crunch still unmatched today. But the 12-bit resolution is not all. For over a year, we studied every bit of this studio gear masterpiece to bring back its unique character to your modern DAW with the RX950.
- Legendary 12-bit resolution.
- Perfect modelling of the S950’s audio signal path (Line Input > Analog gain > Pre-filtering > A/D conversion > D/A conversion > Post-filtering > Line Output).
- Adjustable audio bandwidth (and thus sampling frequency).
- Original steep 6th-order low-pass Butterworth filter.
- Stereo or mono operation.
- Per-control CV input on the back panel (Rack Extension).
- Low CPU consumption.
The RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter is now available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/Rack Extension), priced at 19 EUR/USD.
More information here: RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter