Abstract Data announced today a new product for their Eurorack lineup. The ADE-33 is a new rhythm & pattern creation module that features 36 different algorithms ranging from variables, multiples, probability, logic, phase to gates.
DivKid had the chance already to play with this module and he describe it as: “it’s like having a smart little drummer friend playing along with you”.
The ADE-33 combines 6 sets of algorithms – with 36 algorithms in total – covering:
- Variables: Rhythmic patterns and circadian-style rhythms
- Multiples: Clock and LFO multiplication and division by factors from 1-12
- Probability: Pseudo-random, probability and chance-based variations
- Logic: Classic logic-based functionality
- Phase: Phase shifting, time-based delays and swing-style effects
- Gates: Trigger, pulse and gate manipulation and generation
Abstract Data’s Idea Behind This Module
The Event Boss is designed to work with any clock, gate, trigger, square wave or PWM-type LFO input. It will take regular clocks and generate rhythms, it will take rhythmic patterns and generate new patterns and it will take irregular and random clocks and generate new, irregular and probability-based patterns and variations. There is CV control over every parameter so patterns can be rhythmic, continually evolving, entirely random or pretty much any combination the user chooses.
Of course, it can also be used as a utility module to perform various clock division/multiplication, phase-shifting and logic-related tasks. However, it is at its most creative when used as a real-time pattern generator for creating musically useful rhythms and patterns from simple clock, rhythm and CV inputs.
More information here: Abstract Data