The BEHRINGER Neutron Synthesizer arrived last Monday in my studio. To see my progress in testing here, I’ve released two sound demos on YouTube. The first video contains a classic sound and should document my first touch.
Behringer Neutron Synthesizer Prototype – First Try
- Paraphonic synthesizer with authentic dual 3340 analog oscillators for insanely fat music creation
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO design to recreate classic sound performance
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- Oscillator waveform control blends seamlessly between 5 shapes (tone mod, saw tooth, pulse, triangle, sine wave)
- Individual pulse width / tone mod control provides ultimate sounds
- Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Flexible LFO with fi ve waveform shapes, MIDI clock sync, key sync and delay / fade in
- Two analogue ADSR generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Multiple stage analog delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- Overdrive circuit adds rich analog warmth and edge to your sounds
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 36 controls and 7 buttons give you direct and real time access to all parameters
- Switchable, self-oscillating, multi-mode analog 12 dB/Oct VCF with dual output (e.g. LP+HP available on jacks) Utility functions including attenuators, multiples, slew rate limiter and summers for creative patching flexibility
- 32 in / 24 out jack matrix for an incredible amount of patching options
- Patchable audio-rate sample and hold with glide for added creativity
- Headphone output with dedicated level control
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/Midi implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The second sound demo is more in the experimental direction. In this patch, I automated the blend function of both waveforms (LFO) as well as the resonance (sample & hold). Also, I use here the sync function and the BBD delay of the Neutron Synthesizer.
Behringer Neutron – Experimental Patch I
More information here: BEHRINGER