After long rumours which Synthesizer & drum machine clones Behringer will publishe, the cat is finally out of the bang. 6 new analog Synthesizers and 5 new analog/digital drum machines inspired by vintage devices. In addition to this big new announcement, a news went down a bit. Behringer also announced MAELSTORM, a new analog & digital desktop FX processor with 4 TC Telectronic FX engines, MIDAS microphone preamplifiers and 6×6 USB audio interface.
Although the synths and drum machine is the most exciting, I find this announcement also very interesting because this device summarizes several parts of the recording process in one device. It was already some weeks/months some rumours outside which debate whether Behringer will release an effect box with all the DeepMind 12 DSP effects. So now it’s there and I think this could be also a big seller if the build & sound quality of the device is fine.
Unfortunately, there are no pictures available.
Photo of the Behringer DeepMind 12 effects section
MAELSTROM Analog & Digital Desktop FX Processor with 4 TC ELECTRONIC FX Engines, MIDAS Microphone Preamplifiers and 6 x 6 USB/Audio Interface
Features of Behringer MAELSTORM
- Record, transform, tweak your synthesizer, guitar or vocals and bring your audio to life using the ultimate in analogue and digital signal processing
- 4 simultaneous world-class TC ELECTRONIC and KLARK TEKNIK FX featuring over 30 algorithms with incredible integrated modulation matrix
- 2 high quality, professional MIDAS microphone preamplifiers with instrument input, high-pass filter and phantom power
- 6 x 6 channel USB/Audio/MIDI interface (Class 2.0 compliant) for highest signal integrity
- Multiple classic analog distortion circuits add character and warmth ranging from subtle glow to grimy filth
- Stereo VCF using legendary 3320 based filter design, low/high/band-pass modes, frequency and resonance controls for immense sound sculpting possibilities
- Excels at stand-alone operation or part of a DAW based system, combining 4-channel analog and 6-channel USB I/O with extensive side-chain and routing options
- Stereo FX send and return channels for enhanced DAW integration over ultra-low latency USB/Audio Interface
- Insane vortex of modulation featuring 3 ADSR generators, 2 LFOs, 32-step Control Sequencer and MIDI to warp both analog and digital effect parameters in real-time
- 6 endless rotation potentiometers, each with high resolution OLED display for precise control of all parameters
- Create powerful parameter macros allowing multiple parameters to be controlled from a single rotary, MIDI controller or external CV via the modulation matrix
- Full color LCD display with encoder for rapid parameter editing and program selection
- Integrate with modular systems using assignable, external CV & trigger input and outputs
- Fully servo-balanced stereo line outputs for highest signal integrity
- 2 footswitch/expression pedal inputs, assignable to mod matrix or control functions
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.