For a long time you have not heard anything from the Elastic Drums developer. Some good new updates but no signs of something completely new. The absence had a reason! He has coded in this app manufactory Elastic FX, a new crazy multi-effect processor iOS that allows musicians to use up to 32 different effects.
Elastic FX is a new multi-effects processor for iOS that allows you to manipulate sound with the help of your fingers
That’s Not A Simple Multi-Effect Processor For iOS
At the beginning this certainly sounds like many effects but not exciting because the iOS market is already full of multi-effects processor. If you know Oliver the developer and tracked the evolution of his older app Elastic Drums so you can be sure that it’s not a normal effect processor. That’s the way it is!
Elastic FX allows musicians to use up to 4 different effects at the same time in four different slots. Simply connect EFX to any input source (built-in microphone, external keyboard, guitar, iOS apps (Synthesizers, drum machines) via Inter-App-Audio / Audiobus or import an audio-file directly in the app and manipulate it real-time with four different effects.
The engine can do more than just putting effects on audio signals. With an straightforward Kaoss Pad style interface, musicians can morph through the different effects and automate/record the XY-Pad tweak with up to 8 bars length. This straightforward designed app with the complex engine behind open ingenious new sound worlds with the help of simple finger swipes. Elastic FX shows nicely why an iPad can be a nice sound design tool. Transform any kind of sounds with your fingers.
- Multi-effect app created by the developers of Elastic Drums
- 4 effect units with different routing options
- Choose one of 32 available stereo effects in each effect unit
- Broad range of different effects of the following categories: Modulation, Pitch, Distortion, Filter, Delay, Reverb, Others
- Additional master effect section with level meters, 3 band equalizer, compressor, stutter fx
- XY-Pad to easily control the most important effect values (Kaoss Pad style)
- Possibility to automate/record the XY-Pad tweaks (1,2,4,8 bars length)
- Automated tweaks and some effects (PingPong Delay) get played in sync via Ableton Link/Inter-App Audio
- Audiobus 3 support
- Inter-App Audio support
- Simple audio player to test the effects with audio-files
- Tweak the most important parameters via Midi, Midi learn option
- Switch user-presets with Midi Program Change messages
- Save, load and share user presets
Doug from the Sound Test Room released already an excellent overview
Please visit the Synth Anatomy Facebook page in the next hours to have the chance to win 1 of 5 promo codes for Elastic FX.
Available here: Elastic FX