The Intelljel Rainmaker is an excellent complex delay Eurorack module that is perfect for creating new special sounds. The YouTuber mylarmelodies released over the weekend an nice detailed video overview of this module. The module is quite complex and complicated to use in the first minutes but a powerful add-on for Eurorack systems.
What Is The Intellijel Rainmaker?
The Intellijel/Cylonix RAINMAKER eurorack-format module provides a high-quality (96KHz sampling rate with 32-bit internal processing) stereo rhythmic delay and stereo comb resonator effect.
Features of the Intellijel Rainmaker
- 96KHz, 24-bit (32-bit internal) signal processing
- Most parameters are controllable by external control voltages, either directly or through the two auxiliary modulation inputs (MODA, MODB)
- 128 Factory preset and 128 User preset storage
- (audio-rate) randomization of all parameters, or selectable subsets
- Preset download and upload via built-in USB-MIDI interface
- Online preset librarian via Laser Mammoth
Stereo delay line with 16-taps
- Each of the 16 taps has its own set of audio processors:
- 2nd order resonant multi-mode filter (LP,BP,HP) with adjustable cutoff frequency and resonance
- Level and Balance setting, with quick mute capability
- +/- 1 octave granular pitch shifter (1,2 or 4 grains with adjustable grain size)
- Delay line feedback can be taken from any of the 16 taps (pre-filter) or from the sum of the 16 taps (post-filter)
- Delay line feedback has its own granular pitch shifter and 1st-order tone filter
- Global delay time can be set either by manual entry with the encoder, or by an external clock (with adjustable clock divider), or by tap tempo button.
- Individual tap delays are set according to one of 16 preset patterns (grooves)
- Global delay time modulation by an LFO with 8 selectable waveforms
- Delay times range from 0.1 millisecond to 20 seconds.
- Delay buffer freeze and reverse
- Taps can be piled on top of each other to give complex filtering and chord effects
- Global pitch shift control which transposes the delay line output by +/- 1 octave
Stereo multi-tap comb resonator
- Comb can have between 1 and 64 taps allowing for complex resonances
- Three different nonlinear comb feedback structures for spectral shaping
- Comb is pingable to give physically-modeled guitar, sitar, clarinet(ish) types of sounds
- 16 different comb tap spacing patterns
- Global comb time can be set either by manual entry with the encoder, or by an external clock (with adjustable clock divider), or by a 1v/oct control voltage.
- Global comb time modulation by an LFO with 8 selectable waveforms
- Comb times range from 0.1 millisecond to 20 seconds.
More information here: Intellijel Rainmaker