For the Intua Beatmaker app for iOS, there is currently only a fierce competition, iMPC Pro by AKAI Pro. To give familiar MPC users an equivalent alternative to the latest Beatmaker 3, AKAI Pro and Retronyms have teamed up again over the past few months to bring iMPC Pro to a new level with a complete overhaul and many new features.
New Audio Track Recording With Time-Stretch & Pitch-Shifting
iMPC Pro 2 grows up in v.2 and features now new track types (brand new vocal tracks…) and enhanced the workaround with drum tracks. With the major improved audio track recording, AKAI finally offers a real MPC oriented song creation tool or DAW for Apple’s iPad. Features like real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting (warp tracks and clips to match tempo) raise this app to another level. The sophistication of real time manipulation is built-in a simple workflow and sleek interface.
Finally Support For AUv3 Apps
Another big news that strengthen this fact is the support for AUv3, Apple’s standard for hosting and connecting musical instrument and effects apps directly inside the app. This is an amazing new feature that enables any Audio Unit app to function as a digital audio plug-in within iMPC Pro 2.
Record From Near Everywhere
In the new iMPC Pro 2 , musicians can choose from multiple input sources, including external mic channels, hardware audio interfaces and Inter-App-Audio. What I don’t have yet checked or can’t confirm is if you can use AUv3 as input sources. If this is not yet available, please add support for AUv3 as input source because this allows users to sample directly sounds from other AUv3 enabled apps.
Free Sounds With iMPC Pro 2
iMPC Pro 2 features a new library of built-in, high-quality sounds. Designed exclusively for iMPC Pro 2, these kits cover popular and cutting-edge genres from world-class sample libraries including ADSR, Rawcutz, SampleTools by Cr2, Niche Audio, and Sample Magic. If you upgrade or buy iMPC Pro 2, there is a special gift inside! In addition, five custom sound packs are available for no extra charge in the AudioCopy Content Store (valued at $35). Essential Club Collection, Classic Cutz, Dub 2 DnB, Melodic Collection, and The Diploma are exclusively curated for iMPC Pro 2, featuring instruments and samples by iconic producers across an array of genres.
If everything works as promised, you can see iMPC Pro as an equivalent alternative to Beatmaker 3 again today.
All Features At A Glance
- Audio track recording (record from built-in mic, external mics, audio interfaces, etc.)
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting (warp tracks and clips to match tempo)
- Ableton Link and Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
- 64-track mixer with EQ and 4 FX sends (Reverb, Delay, Chorus/Flange and one IAA effect)
- Redesigned user interface
- Audio Unit plug-in support
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste support
- Directly upload tracks to YouTube
- Sample audio directly from music player apps such as Spotify
- New Song Mode makes full song production more intuitive than ever
- 100% new sound set, with five additional free Sound Packs
- Advanced waveform editing
- Enhanced MIDI support
- 4 Mute Groups
- Extensive undo/redo capabilities
- and many more intuitive workflow enhancements
iMPC Pro 2 is available now on the App Store for $24.99. For a limited time only, existing iMPC pro users can upgrade to iMPC Pro 2 for $15.
Available here: iMPC Pro 2
(The iMPC Pro 2 Bundle for existing users is not yet available)