Granular Synthesis is a very exciting synthesis technology to create big atmospheric drones and textures. There are several granular synths on the market for PC and Mac for every budget. One of the cheapest is a new one and called Granulizer. It’s a new granular instrument exclusively available for macOS that allows musicians to discover very easily and affordable this technology. It comes with a straightforward interface and includes several powerful features like time-stretching, pitch-shifting, granular resynthesis as well as spectrum manipulation.
For the current introduction price of 14€ only, it’s near a no-brainer to add granular synthesis to any mac DAW with Audio Unit format. Hopefully, the developer will add later Windows support to this plugin.
Granulizer is a granular synthesis software synthesizer intended for creative sound design. It features a very versatile DSP engine that can go all the way from metallic crunch and grainy fuzziness to smooth reverb-like tones, spectral widening or chaotic soundscapes. The controls are deliberately kept few and simple, but you can get a great variety of really rich sounds with unusual harmonic content out of Granulizer.
Features of Granulizer
- High quality audio engine that performs time-stretching, pitch-shifting, granular resynthesis and spectrum manipulation
- Diffusion effect for wide droney sounds (think spectral reverb)
- Spectral Shaping
- Frequency shifter for atonal variations
- Control over subtle randomization of certain internal parameters (“Magic” knob)
- Attack/Release envelope
- Waveform view with loop selection
- Minimal, clean UI
- mac OS 10.10 or greater
- audio unit compatible host
Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer is now available for macOS (Audio Unit) for an introduction price of 14€. (regular 35€)
More information here: Granulizer