In the last few weeks / months there has been much discussions in the Elektron forums and groups about the planned Overbridge Basic and Premium versions. They have probably noticed that the whole thing has not arrived so well in the communities, they have now row back and has ended the discussions. The Software will be available from now on for free for everyone with an Elektron device that is Overbridge enabled.
Here is the official statement
We have decided to offer Overbridge free of charge, for all our Overbridge enabled instruments. This means that Overbridge Basic and Premium are now simply Overbridge. The seamless computer integration of Elektron instruments, made possible by Overbridge, is a very important, useful and unique feature. It really elevates our instruments and boosts the production workflow. And we want as many musicians as possible to experience this.
During the past seven months, we have been hard at work with the next version of Overbridge, which will support Analog Keys, Analog Heat, Digitakt, Analog Four MKI/MKII and Analog Rytm MKI/MKII. It is the biggest update yet and will be available February 2018. Some of the highlights include:
- Free of charge
- New standalone editor, allowing for DAW-less operation.
- Improved plugin compatibility for several DAWs.
- Enhanced performance and lower latency using our new multi-process architecture.
- New reworked and unified graphics design with increased contrast and usability
- Faster Total Recall and Automation.
- Configuration-less USB audio streaming of all available channels simultaneously at maximum quality.
- Only for high-speed USB products (currently Analog Heat, Digitakt, Analog Four MKII and Analog Rytm MKII)
As evident with the coming major update, we remain committed to supporting and maintaining Overbridge. We are very proud of the software suite and want it to be an essential part of music making. We look forward to seeing how you will use it with your Elektron instruments.
More information here: Elektron