Two weeks ago, I reviewed UVI’s Beat Anthology 2 sample library and found that it’s an excellent collection of analog and virtual drum machines. One of my criticism was that the build-in sequencer is somewhat too simple and has no deep creative features. If you look at the side of the Kontakt 5 products, there is now a similar product from the company Sample Magic available but with a more interesting sequencer but with a less large library.
Sample Magic launched today Klip, a new powerful drum machine instrument for the Kontakt 5 Player that comes with over 4000+ samples and a very creative 16×32 parameter sequencer. A unique FX matrix allows musicians / sound designers independent manipulation of up to 16 parameters per pads across 32 steps. A very powerful instrument with an excellent scripted Kontakt 5 engine that gives musicians a perfect tool for designing complex drum machine rhythms.
Klip is a powerful instrument and drum machine that pushes the threshold of electronic music production, utilising an expansive parameter editing matrix and comprehensive mixer functionality. Mash loops, re-mould and merge beats, mangle rhythms, programme in a completely unique fashion – all in real time – tempo, key and beat synced to your host DAW.
Splice loop segments, add convolution reverb, delay, bit crusher, filters and tape warmth emulation. Mix in Klip’s 8 channel mixer with EQ, compression, distortion, transient designers, buss limiter and much more.
Features of Klip
- A powerful sound library with over 4000 high quality Sample Magic samples, pooled from a vast range of titles across Electronica, Techno and House.
- Vast variety of presets from leading Sample Magic sound designers.
- Unique ‘FX’ matrix allowing independent manipulation of up to 16 parameters per pad, across 32 steps.
- 20 Filter types across High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass.
- 70 Lane presets for quick, enhanced pattern writing and effect manipulation.
- Multiple FX types including Distortion, Saturation, Bit Crusher, Delay and Convolution Reverb with flexible routing options.
- Powerful dynamics processing including Compression, Limiter and Transient Shaper.
- Warm, characterful 3-band EQ per mixer channel.
- 8 Independent mixer channels, each of which can be custom assigned to its own output .
- Unique Convolution Reverb algorithms recorded at some of the world’s finest spaces.
- Up to 8 Sequences in each pattern, with easy copy and paste shortcuts..
- Full Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol and Maschine integration with extensive MIDI CC implementation.
- Drag or export pattern lane to MIDI functionality.
- Transpose and timestretch all sounds and loops to the native key and tempo of your DAW.
- Playback swing to mimic classic, timeless dance music grooves and sequencers.
- Effortlessly record pad movements or input steps using MIDI devices.
- Randomise pads and preset lanes at the click of a mouse for unique, inimitable grooves.
- Variable grid synchronisation from 1/1 to 1/32 of project tempo for up to 32 bar patterns.
- In-built mixer limiter for easy, professional mixing.
- Extensive collection of vintage analogue synthesiser waveforms and drum hits from a host of classic rhythm boxes and keyboards.
- Key adjust any sound or loop key from major to minor.
Klip is now on sale for the intro price of £99 GBP/ $131.08 (regular £129 GBP / $170.80). It requires the Kontakt or the free Kontakt 5 Player 5.7.0 & higher.
More information here: Sample Magic Klip