If I received the question to which developer I would give a big thanks today, than it would be the guy behind the independent software company Full Bucket Music company. You read maybe on this page that he updated many of his great Synthesizer plugins to macOS for free. You certainly think that would be now enough but it’s not like that.
He released this week the FB-3300, a new free Synthesizer plugin that emulates the rare KORG PS-3300 hardware polyphonic Synthesizer. It written in native C++ and has a very low CPU consumption. It’s an close emulation of the PS-3300 and emulates the behaviour and all controls of the original hardware. The PS-3300 is the big brother of the KORG PS-3100 and PS-3200 (also available as a free PC and Mac plugin). The big brother features three independent polyphonic synth blocks.
Interesting feature in the hardware as well as in the plugin is a versatile resonator section that offers a lot of sonic possibilities.
- Close emulation of behaviour and all controls of the original hardware
- Three independent polyphonic synthesizer blocks
- Band-limited oscillators, classic two-pole lowpass filters
- Resonators section plus two Modulation Generators per bank
- Additional Sample & Hold and paraphonic Envelope Generator
- Micro-tuning option
- Additional tweaks
- MIDI Learn – all parameters can be controlled by MIDI CC
- Plug-in supports Windows and macOS (32 bit and 64 bit)
Check out here my sound demo of this new plugin by Full Bucket Music
If you love this plugin, I invite you to donate something to the developer so he can update the plugins on a regular basis with new features and fix important bugs.
More information here: Full Bucket Music FB-3300 Synthesizer