I have good news for all those interested in a Behringer DeepMind 12 Synthesizer purchase. A few months ago, it was released in Europe for a price of 1199 € ($999 USD) and this price was already great for an 12 voice poly synth. Today, I received the information that near all big Europe music online retailers drop the price of it to 999€. Compared to the original retail price, that’s a big price difference of 200€ for the same instrument. After the device is now a few months on the market, European customers would finally enjoy the better price. The DeepMind 12 was officially presented with a price of $999 USD but was offered in Europe for nearly 1200€.
It will certainly be interesting how the prices of the other two DeepMind products (12D & 6) will develop. There is for the same price the Desktop version available and in my opinion it’s now to high. So I think that this model will be also lowered in the near future by up to €200 in the price , that the distance between both products exist again. If Behringer will drop the price of the DeepMind 12D to 799€, i’m pretty sure that they will sell even more devices.
If it really comes to a price reduction with the desktop model, so I think that the price for the 6 voice model will also change. Currently there is just a price difference of over 200€ between the DeepMind 6 and 12. If they don’t change the price of the smaller one, there will be less interest because for just 200€ more, you receive 12 voices, a bigger interface and more keys.
It will be worthwhile how the prices are developing in the next days/weeks. If it really comes to such changes, many early-bird buyers can be somewhat disappointed by this big price updates.
- Velocity- and aftertouch-enabled 49-note keyboard
- Extensive use of discrete components
- 12-voice mono-timbral analog polysynth
- 2 DCOs per voice, Noise generator
- DCO sync and voice unison detune options
- 256 presets; 1024 patch memory locations arranged in 8 banks of 128
- 2/4-pole lowpass filter, additional highpass filter
- 3 envelopes: VCA, VCF, and assignable Mod
- Each voice features an independent LFO
- Unison mode with Detune fader
- Extensive 8-bus modulation matrix
- 4 integrated digital effects engines with 4 parts and over 30 types of FX
- Hard-wire effects bypass
- Arpeggiator/32-step sequencer with gate-time control
- All parameters controllable via Wi-Fi, editable via PC and tablet apps
- USB, MIDI connections
Available here: Behringer DeepMind 12