AVP Synth, a very small developer announced today the MBS 100, a new mono bass Synthesizer inspired by sovied era synths. It’s based on a hybrid analog-digital synthesis structure that includes two voltage-controlled digital oscillators and an analog filter. In the modulation section, you can find two envelope generators and one low frequency oscillator.
On the last stage of the sound engine, you have a voltage controlled amplifier. with a full analog distortion effect that gives your sound a more dirty character. To offer musicians a good amount of connections, the MBS-10 includes a full a MIDI interface with MIDI In and MIDI Through with up to 16 channels (+ Omni). Interesting new mini synthesizer with a different sound approach than classical analog synths.
MBS-100 – is a monophonic bass synthesizer inspired by synthesizers produced in the soviet era times while having the flexibility, MIDI control and compact package of the 21st century. It has 19 knobs, 3 switches and 4 buttons with which you can control the parameters of the sound and MIDI.
- Method of synthesis – hybrid analog-digital synthesis;
- Voltage-controlled digital oscillators (VCDO) – two, each with four waveforms: saw, square, pulse 1 (25% rate), pulse 2 (10% rate). Note: Pulse 1 and 2 are similar to PMW but are fixed similar to «Aelita», «Polivoks» synthesizers for e.g. Octave ranges – 3 octaves for OSC1 and 5 octaves for OSC2.
- Voltage Controlled Filter (VCF) – one fully analog 12 db/oct low pass filter with cutoff and resonance parameters;
- Envelope Generators (ADSR) – two;
- Voltage Controlled Amplifier (VCA) – one, fully analog distortion effect selection switch;
- Low frequency oscillator (LFO) – one with two waveform options (square and triangle) to control the VCF.
- MIDI interface – MIDI In, MIDI Thru (16 channels + Omni);
- Audio output – one mix output (mono 6.3 mm jack);
- Controls – 19 knobs, 3 switches, 4 buttons and 11 LED indicators;
- Case: durable steel case with wooden cheeks;
- Weight: 1 kg;
- Dimensions: L30 x W16 x H8 (cm);
- External power supply – 220v adapter 9 VAC (included).
You can read the manual here: AVP Synths
The AVP Synths MBS-100 is available for 449€ (shipping included to Europe /UK / Canada & USA)
If you have questions, you can contact the developer per mail here: AVP Synths
More informations here: AVP Synths on Facebook