Audio Damage continue the modernisation of their plugins and released today the AD037 Kombinat Tri, a further development of the best known Kombinat Dva Multi-Band Distortion plugin for PC and Mac. Biggest change in this new version is naturally the better to read GUI and as usual already, existing users of the past versions can upgrade for a very fair price of 10$.
From mild tone-shaping or adding a bit of grit to full-on total waveform destruction, Kombinat Tri is a complete toolbox of sonic warfare, and a complete top-to-bottom rebuild of our popular Kombinat series.
With 13 different options in each of the three distortion engines (plus pass-through), Kombinat Tri is capable of sophisticated and unique sounds. Want to add a ring mod to the low end, a mild tube clip to the mids, and a bit-reduction algorithm to the high end? No problem. Want to run your signal through three sine-warps or fuzz algorithms in series? This is your box.
Kombinat’s signal structure allows for a fairly broad palette of sounds, as each segment of the overall effect is a versatile tool in its own right. On the front end is a full “DJ-style” band-killer EQ; this leads to the three distortion engines, which may be used in multi-band mode for subtle surgery, or in series mode for complete signal destruction. The engines lead to a multi-mode filter with 12 different topologies, and then on to a compressor which we have configured for one-control operation.
Taken as a whole, Kombinat is a tweaker’s paradise, yet designed so that it is easy to just grab one of the presets and touch it up a bit to suit the source material.
- Crossover: Kombinat Tri features a DJ-style three-band isolator EQ for band-killing effects and extreme tone-carving on the front end. This leads to the three distortion engines, which can be run in crossover (multi) mode, or in series.
- Multiple Distortion Types: Kombinat Tri has 13 different distortion and tone-shaping algorithms, and you can mix-and-match, with each of the three bands getting its own selector. From subtle tube-style clipping to the bizarre distorto-delay of the Nerd Rage algorithm, Kombinat Tri can cover all the bases without unnecessary complexity.
- Feedback: If the algorithms weren’t enough, Kombinat Tri has an internal feedback control, tied to an envelope follower. Results may vary, but are always hairy.
- Filter: Kombinat Tri has 12 different filter topologies, from subtle 2-pole lowpass, through synth-style filters, to surgical notch. Several are self-resonant.
- One-Kontrol Kompressor: A favorite feature of the original Kombinat and Kombinat Dva, the one-knob compressor, tuned for collapsing distorted signals to roadkill, remains in Kombinat Tri.
- Mix Control: Kombinat Tri adds an oft-requested feature: a mix knob for better control over the signal path.
- Presets: Kombinat Tri includes a selection of presets from Kombinat and Kombinat Dva, some all-new presets to take advantage of the new features, and a selection of Designer presets from Ken Flux Pierce and Don Gunn.
The Kombinat Tri download includes 32/64-bit VST and VST3, and 64-bit AAX for Windows 8 or greater, and as a 32/64-bit AU/VST/VST3/AAX for OSX (10.8 or greater).
Audio Damage Kombinat Tri is now available for 49$ and existing users of Kombinat can upgrade for 10$.
More informations here: Audio Damage Kombinat Tri