SYNTH ANATOMY uses affiliation & partner programs (big red buttons) to finance a part of the activity. If you use these, you support the website. Thanks!
KORG announced in the morning the new Monologue, based on the Minilogue Polyphonic Synthesizer. It’s something which I doesn’t understand in the market at the moment. Many people want an affordable analog polyphonic Synthesizer like the Behringer DeepMind 12. Now KORG demonstrate the other side and bring another mono Synthesizer. In my eyes a big competitor for the Microbrute and Minibrute because it comes with two oscillators and much more interesting features.
The sound quality of the currently available demos are great. The Monologue sounds great for the size and can produce interesting analogue sounds. But my little problem in this release, do we really need another monophonic Synthesizer on this big market already. In my opinion, we need new innovative products with the drive of doing some interesting new concepts, new ideas in the synthesis. Something like a Monologue but with a analog and digital oscillator like a hybrid one.
Sweetwater released this demonstration of the Monologue
Compared to the Minilogue Polyphonic Synthesizer, the Monologue receive these new features:
– a new drive for distortions
– New type of LFO for audio frequencies with fast mode, slow mode,…
– 16 step motion sequencer without having to page
– Motions are visualised on the display
– New 2 pole filter design
Here are the specifications
- Analog synthesizer with all-new synthesis structure optimized for amazing monophonic sounds and sequences.
- Fully programmable, with 100 program memories (80 presets included).
- 16-step sequencer with extensive motion sequence technology to make your sound move.
- Microtuning lets you freely create scales and alternate tonalities.
- Oscilloscope function helps visualize the waveform in real time.
- Battery-powered for portability.
- Rugged and stylish with aluminum top panel, chassis-mounted pots, rubber-coated knobs, and real wood back panel.
- MIDI, USB MIDI, and Audio Sync for all types of in-studio and live connectivity, including direct sync with minilogue, SQ1, volca, electribe, and more.
- Five color variations that will shine on stage or in the studio.
More Informations here: KORG Monologue