After this huge amount already of Black Friday deals, I have also something new for you. A new developer “Blind Dog Designs” released today Shepherd, a new Synthesizer plugin for VST and AU with an interesting unconventional synth structure. The plugin is based on sub-period mixing: instantaneous alternation between waveforms oscillators over shorter than period-length time segments. The GUI looks pretty funny and not to standard. I don’t know how it sounds but I hope I can give you soon an impression about it.
- Two oscillators per voice (plus sub-period mixing), with triangle/saw, square/pulse, and trapezoid/saw continuous waveforms.
- Seven parameters (five of which are modulatable) dictate sub-period mixing.
- DADSR, AHDSR (with repeat), IADSR, and ADSR (host-syncable) envelopes simultaneously available.
- Three LFOs per voice, each with swing.
- Additional modulation from each oscillator, keyboard tracking, note velocity, random elements, and a unison ladder (with controllable asymmetry).
- Drag-and-drop allows intuitive chaining, bypassing, and reordering of modulation assignments.
- Visual elements generated dynamically for modulation assignments allow single-level GUI layout with no menus/pages.
Available here: Shepherd Synthesizer