SYNTH ANATOMY uses affiliation & partner programs (big red buttons) to finance a part of the activity. If you use these, you support the website. Thanks!
A new interesting FM Synthesizer brings the synthesis technology behind old videogame consoles to the Rack Extension format. Yes, it’s right, something I don’t know yet but old consoles like Sega Genesis or the Megadrives had a complete FM Synthesizer onboard.
Not many people were aware of this, but unlike other videogame consoles, the Sega Genesis/Megadrive had a complete FM synth onboard. A synth that provided enough features to produce complex, evolving tones, as well as crazy sound effects and PCM samples playback. This is your chance to get your hands on this altered beast, combined with the rich control and modulation possibilities offered by Reason.
Feel the FM vibe for your retro and modern needs, with a lively and authentic tone, taking the RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer as a bonus weapon in your synth arsenal. But don’t take our word for it! Go and try it! Sega and Yamaha brand names are trademark of their respective owners. This product is in no way affiliated with these companies.
- Cycle-accurate emulation of the YM2612 FM soundchip
- Genuinely reproduces the unique and characteristic sound of its hardware counterpart (digital saturation, huge feedback amount, natural distortion, …)
- Audio input for adding 8bit PCM sweetness to any signal
- Low CPU usage, use plenty of instances!
- Switchable output filtering and ladder effect
- A couple of limitations from the soundchip have been taken away : up to 16 voices of polyphony, dedicated PCM channel (you can of course stick to 6 simultaneous voices if you want to experience the real thing).