Steinberg Cubase 10.5 is a major update with new several new features & improvements including a Spectral Comparison EQ, Padshop 2 Synthesizer & more.
It is already a tradition that a new Cubase update will be presented in November. A full version every two years and a .5 version in between. This year, it’s time for the Steinberg Cubase 10.5 update which includes many new features.
Highlights are the new Padshop 2, a new version of the granular Synthesizer plugin now even with spectral synthesis, a new spectral comparison EQ, colorized mixer channels, multitap delay, video export function render function and more. That’s just a small part of the new features. Unfortunately, as always, the .5 versions are pay updates again.
Professional features for professionals
Cubase Pro 10.5 comes with several exclusive features that are not included in Cubase Artist and Cubase Elements. Spectral Comparison EQ is one of them. It is a new mode in the Channel EQ that allows users to compare the spectral components of two audio signals in order to adjust and bring balance to the mix.
Import Tracks From Projects is another completely revised feature, making track import from other Cubase projects as simple as it gets. Additional track types, such as Group, FX and Folder Tracks, can be selected and imported as well, while the Auto Map function aligns imported tracks with the same name as existing ones.
Cubase is the go-to DAW for scoring to picture, and with Video Export Render the capability to work with video excels to the next level. With 10.5, users of Pro, Artist, and Elements can now export timecoded MP4 video including 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz/16-bit audio. Instead of normalizing by dB FS Max, Cubase Pro 10.5 now offers an alternative. Pro users can normalize with the Loudness Unit Full Scale (LUFS).
Padshop 2 Granular Synth
With Padshop 2, Cubase Pro and Cubase Artist now also boast beautifully designed and unique-sounding granular and spectral synthesizer with more than 570 presets and 570 pre-produced samples, allowing users to import and redesign their own samples. Padshop 2 is also available as standalone instrument, purchased separately through the Steinberg Online Shop.
MultiTap Delay is the latest effects processor to be added to Pro and Artist, providing a creative approach to creating and editing delay, with different presets and numerous parameters ensuring utmost flexibility.
Especially useful in projects with a high track count, Colorized Mixer Channels is a new option in the MixConsole that colorizes complete channels and provides an easy overview.
Another workflow expeditor is the Combined Select Tools mode, newly implemented in Cubase Pro and Cubase Artist. By switching into this mode, both selection tools for objects and ranges can be used together, making track editing even easier in Cubase.
Retrospective MIDI Record has also been revised, now allowing users to retrieve MIDI chords and melodies that were never recorded, placing them as stacked cycle or continuous across individual tracks. Cubase Pro 10.5 now includes many additions and refinements to its Score Editor, such as the available Note Ruler when inserting and moving notes or the new Graphic Snap for easy positioning of rests and repeat markers in the score.
Designed to help users troubleshoot more effectively, Cubase 10.5 now includes an improved Safe Start Mode, an advanced start-up option that allows Cubase to run without loading any third-party plug-ins.
Apart from the various highlights presented in Cubase 10.5, the Macro creation window in Cubase Pro and Cubase Artist has been improved; Cubase Elements 10.5 now complements its plug-in chain with the included Stereo Delay, De-esser and Roomworks signal processors, previously only available in Cubase Pro; and three editions also include many refinements that improve the graphical performance and overall workflow.
New features overview
- Spectral Comparison EQ helps you to clean up your mix more accurately [Pro]
- Video Export Render lets your render videos as MP4 (H.264) with 16-bit stereo audio [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- MultiTap Delay is made for musicians with a range of inspiring creative options [Pro/Artist]
- Padshop 2 comes with great improvements, with even more creative tools and sonic inspiration [Pro/Artist]
- Colorized Mixer Channels help you to intuitively find the tracks you are looking for [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- Import Tracks From Project makes exchanging data between projects, or creating new project templates, easier [Pro]
- Combine Select Tools Mode combines selection tools for objects and ranges in one powerful feature [Pro/Artist]
- Retrospective MIDI Record tracks your MIDI input, even when you are not recording [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- The Score Editor has been updated with powerful new features [Pro]
- The Macro creation window has been improved with new functionality [Pro/Artist]
- Choose to normalize by either dB Loudness Unit (EBU R128) by setting dBFS Max [Pro]
- Safe Start Mode allows you to initiate Cubase without any third-party plug-ins loaded [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- Stereo Delay, De-esser and Roomworks processors are now included in Cubase Elements [Elements]
- Many more significant workflow improvements are also included [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- Cubase 10 is packed with a wide range of usability, performance, and quality improvements [Pro/Artist/Elements]
Steinberg Cubase 10.5 is available now for the following suggested retail prices:
- Cubase Pro 10.5 Boxed: 579€
- Cubase Pro 10.5 Download: 559€
- Cubase Artist 10.5 Boxed: 329€
- Cubase Artist 10.5 Download: 309€
Cubase Elements 10.5 will soon be available for a suggested retail price of 99.99 EUR.
Please note that download orders are exclusive of USB-eLicensers and that all prices include German VAT. Various downloadable updates and upgrades, crossgrades, and education versions are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop.
Customers who have activated Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 or earlier versions since October 16, 2019, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest version, respectively.
More information here: Steinberg
Cubase is available at our partner