Behringer K-2 sound demo (official) is finally available and shows nicely in-depth how the MS-20 clone sounds.
Many recently ordered the Behringer K-2 Synthesizer (KORG MS-20 clone) blind without a sound demo. It’s interesting to see how far the Behringer interest goes, buy synths without even hearing it before. The main thing counts here probably: you have it first.
Whether the K-2 Synthesizer is worth the money, you will hear in the first sound demo.
News From 02/09/2019
One of the most asked questions about the K-2 is: does it work with 1V/oct (classic Eurorack) or with Hz/V like the original MS-20. It has been answered. Not by Behringer but by the beta tester Heinakroon who also created the first sound demo.
According to his information and experience, the Behringer K-2 use Hz/V like the original MS-20. So you need a Hz/V to 1V/oct converter if you want to use it with other Eurorack modules. A bit pity that Behringer has not completely rebuilt the patch panel on the Eurorack standard like the Model D or Neutron. That could stop some people from buying it.
Analog and Semi-Modular Synthesizer with Dual VCOs, Ring Modulator, External Signal Processor, 16-Voice Poly Chain, and Eurorack Format
- Amazing analog synthesizer with dual VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF, and VCA designs
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- First and second-generation filter design (high pass/low pass with peak/resonance)
- 4 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths and ring modulation for ultimate sounds
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution, main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 36 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Sound Demo By Heina Kroon
Behringer K-2 is available now for pre-order for 319€. Estimated delivery 2-3 weeks (Thomann)
Available at our partner